Patrick Vieira

Can’t see any of the images bro. But Vieira is too often only credited for his physical attributes rather than his insane technical ability too. Brilliant passer, lovely touch, really good at reading the game and very elegant despite his gangly size.

2 Likes

Yeah he was sneaky silky and those long strides also produced sneaky speed.

Fantastic player - was annoying towards the end where it seemed every year there were rumors of him leaving, but such a boss.

1 Like

We go again! Hopefully you can see the images this time.

Currently watching the season reviews of yesteryear. Vieira was not respected enough as a passer. There are some [REDACTED]-esq mistakes, but some of his passing was glorious.

Henry was on a streak of 6 games without a goal and had missed a fairly easy chance 2 minutes earlier. Vieira reading the pass, and then the first time through ball is pure.

henry vieira

:heart_eyes: football 'eritage

ezgif-7-52f1fa7e32

4 Likes

His passing is always underrated. Maybe he didn’t have the technical ability of a guy like Xabi Alonso to strike 50 metre diagonals all the time, but always had great vision of all the players around and always played quick, proggressive passes, allowing us to play that direct, vertical football no one could match.

Next thing that isn’t talked too much… He was such a smooth, ice cold finisher in one on one’s with the goallie. I was always so confidend when he went free through on goal.

4 Likes

I was at that game. The 1-3 at Villa. Awesome from Arsenal

I struggle to think of a better central midfielder I’ve seen in my time at Arsenal than Paddy.

3 Likes

He’s my favourite centre midfielder in Arsenal history by a mile. Before him I liked Paul Davis a lot.

1 Like

There wasn’t one mate.

1 Like

Love this.

2 Likes
1 Like

Captain’s armband on him? Born leader.

4 Likes

Did he get the house keys though?

1 Like

Aren’t retro football shirts just the best

I wonder if Viera will become the next manager?

3 Likes

If he does a job at Palace I think he deserves a shot. More experience than Arteta, and unlike the current manager, Viera is a real tough guy and a real legend of this club.

3 Likes

Would like to see Vieira achieve something significant first tbf. Getting Palace consistent top 10 finishes would be a good starter.

1 Like

I can honestly see it happening
It’ll probably be known as the ‘Gerrard’ effect
He is climbing clubs and heading towards Liverpool.

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

So Paddie?
Summer 2013, what you sayin’?

Seems to be a good manager