Pablo Marí

The question was about youth development, France generally and Ligue 1 especially does a much better job of producing top level talents.

It’s known supporters of PL clubs tend to overstate the overall quality of the league compared to others because it’s perceived to be more competitive. It’s never been the case prospects at PL clubs develop better in England compared to elsewhere.

None of this means anything to the original point

The original question was about what path is best for a young player’s development, playing regularly for OM in Ligue 1 or being a cup/sub/depth option for Arsenal next season?

If you think it’s the latter then fair enough.

1 Like

I honestly feel like the gulf in quality between the English premier League and the other leagues has never been greater.

Maybe I’m being skewed by the prices of certain players who come over here and flop because there are a fair few success stories too, Tomiyasu for one. It just feels like now when you’re parting with big money for superstar’s of lesser league you really have to consider the reality of them not adapting to the pace and quality of the EPL overnight.

I’m saying all this in complete prayer that we sign Vlahovic for £56 million but I still the risk is there

1 Like

I’m with you on this, but we can be reassured that IF we were to sign Vlahovic for circa £60m, he is very young and even if he was to flop or not work out as expected, he would still have some resale value. That said, this guy does look like he has everything needed to suceed in the PL.

2 Likes

Another departure

6 Likes

Awesome! Good going.

Hopefully he does well for him and they buy him in the summer - would happily take EUR5m just to fuck him off.

Reckon we can get our next match postponed too since we’re now short an extra player?

1 Like

Love how we are having matches postponed yet are still happily sending cunts out on loan :arteta:

15 Likes

Spurs fan just sent me this hehe

10 Likes

John Cross is putting in work

:joy: :joy:

Jimmies rustled lol

11 Likes

I expect the same energy from Crossy when he talks to Mikel in his presser? Or is he gonna suck him off like he usually does?

Loving this.

cartman-south-park

1 Like
5 Likes

Urgh

He’s been playing non-stop for Udinese hasn’t he?
Noticed his name a couple of times when checking live scores for Serie A.
That’s good. He’s definitely good enough to play in Europe. But I think we’re over him now. The whole left foot deal is also not a reason enough for him to have a spot here.

Genuinely one of the worst CBs we’ve had at the club in recent times, and honestly that takes some fucking doing.

2 Likes

He’s playing for a lower table Serie A team for a reason. I hope we never bring him back.