Other Clubs' Transfers

Fairly sure Valencia have been basically broke for years now. Even so, it does seem odd that Guedes isn’t fetching more than 27m in today’s market.

Please don’t excite me like this!

The Express…

Good player. I’ve liked the look of Fabian Ruiz since he ripped it up with the U21s

1 Like

Much better transfer policy from PSG. That’ll be two high quality CMs they’ve signed which has always bizarrely been an area of weakness

2 Likes

PSG’s midfield area for a long time has seemed significantly weaker than other areas. I’ll never get why they haven’t invested there.

Fabian Ruiz is the player Xhaka should have been

1 Like

Good player - terrible move.

Wtf ? I thought he was dead

Wouldn’t be surprised if he fails his medical because he’s essentially coming out of retirement

Good for him but not for the league. Must mean Chelsea are going to buy a goalscorer as Sterling, Havertz and Mount isn’t enough.

4 Likes

That surely has to be BS

He’s actually still really good as an all rounder and a very good back up option.

I think he’d be a superb player for them and would definitely benefit the players around them.

Sometimes these kind of transfers are what the overall team dynamic needs.

2 Likes

It’s what we’ve said before about how unbalanced the market is with PL clubs being in a much better financial situation than the rest.
He was one of the best players in La Liga last season.

Atleti wanted him but they’re in a bit of a situation
themselves after some heavy investment in previous windows. They’re actually going the Barca route themselves trying to get players to lower their wages.

Roma was another but they’re also in a bit of a situation themselves. The only player they actually paid a fee for was Celik and he was fairly cheap(€7m). Roma went for Dybala instead.

He was recently linked with Sevilla who looked the most likely destination if he was to go but Valencia stood firm despite being broke.

Then Wolves casually bid €30+m and I’m sure they must’ve offered him the fat contract as well.

Best case scenario for us. We don’t want Frenkie in the PL.

1 Like

Verratti is bloody brilliant but he’d be an odd acquisition for City. They’ve already got Rodri and Phillips. I know Verratti isn’t the same, but he occupies similar spaces.

1 Like