Other Clubs' Transfers

I think we’re pretty much in agreement actually. I guess I just don’t see these players getting meaningful time on the wing for Arteta going forward, so that limits their possibilities in the team.

Haha yeh I sort of felt that myself as I was writing my reply, although just out of interest who is your ideal upgrade in that left cm role? I see Rice there myself, moreso than a Partey replacement.

For a while I’ve had this feeling we might sell Xhaka in summer but honestly going into Europe I don’t think Arteta would want that. I don’t particularly enjoy watching Xhaka in possession but he’s clearly quite pivotal within this system in certain games.

I guess the natural evolution for Mikel is simply finding someone who can do what Xhaka does but more efficiently.

I feel like Mikel is trying to find his Gundogan and Xhaka is the closest fit, and honestly not doing a terrible job. Although I did used to refer to him as the footballing anti Christ

1 Like

Mount will be a massive investment for someone like a Newcastle or Spurs to be honest. Medium-high profile English talent, slightly fallen off the wagon and would command a high wage.

I would seriously prioritise Madders/Rice for that LM role and I think Zubimendi might be our CM/DM signing in midfield.

Again, what we see and what we think we want can be the total opposite of what Mikel has in mind.

3 Likes

Petulant little brat

Hope we are nowhere near him, and good luck to the team that ends up with him

2 Likes

He was their golden boy a year or two back. Very strange the way it’s panned out for him there.

I’d take mount tbf. He can clean Saka and Martinelli’s boot and keep their spot on the bench warm for them

2 Likes

I would be furious if we spent money on Mason Mount.

1 Like

You not in the freemason camp then :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

No, I’d be mounting a revolt to get Edu out of power.

1 Like

Sorry and don’t want a midfielder that just runs and has bags of energy and nothing else.

1 Like

If Arteta is serious about getting Rice then it seems unlikely we’ll get Mount as well.

Both Maddison and Rice are better players who would be ideal for us and players like Xhaka, ESR, Lokonga or even Nelson could be sold to help pay for them.

I agree on Rice. I don’t think he would be the final third difference maker some people want for that position but he would be a big upgrade on Xhaka athletically and would improve us defensively (especially in transitions) while also being much more dynamic driving forward with the ball at his feet. If we had Rice as starter, Xhaka as veteran backup for another year or two, and then ESR/Vieira developed a bit more nous about the position so could be an alternative in certain games, or if we were chasing a goal, that would be a great set of options.

Bellingham is maybe the ideal player for this role IMO but he doesn’t seem realistic for us.

1 Like

I think Mount is hugely overrated and is actually a limited footballer with regard to the top echelon of those in his position, doesn’t really excel at anything either.

Chelsea would do well do get a decent fee for him and not give him a huge contract, he’s not the centerpiece of a top team competing for the league and with time would have been phased out anyway.

Let some other team pay him and sign someone like Maddison who is a huge upgrade.

2 Likes

Was actually gonna DM you today to ask where the F you been lol

2 Likes

Haha, been about bro. Finally closed on buying a business in the past month which has kept me mad busy but shouldn’t be as hectic from here on.

This league title is in our hands!

11 Likes

I rate Mount but for the salary that he’d want, not interested. Big upgrade on Xhaka.

If Chelsea have to replace Mount, they will be looking at the same sort of players we are, like Rice.

Where can Mount go that will pay him though? Newcastle is the only team that I can think of. Liverpool would be a good fit, but reckon Maddison or Bellingham is more likely.

He’s got a pick of any top English clubs. Liverpool and Man United will both have significant interest.

I think both teams would prefer Mount over Maddison as he is younger and is better going the other way.