Other Clubs' Transfers

ASM carried Newcastle for like 2 seasons, madness his stock has fallen so much.

Tbf, itā€™s not that surprising heā€™s fallen out of favour there.

For all the flashiness and havoc he causes, donā€™t think the end product is there with him.
Eddie Howe has been getting more and more pragmatic with his approach at Newcastle. Itā€™s clash of styles really.
Thatā€™s why heā€™s been a glorified sub option for months now.

Bit weird to see him go regardless as their attacking options arenā€™t great. Thereā€™s Gordon of course who will soon be joining them but I wonder if thatā€™s really enough.

1 Like

Heā€™s flashy but not that effective. Even when he supposedly ā€˜carriedā€™ Newcastle (sorry cristo) he was netting 5 in 35 and 3 in 25.

Highlight reel player who can be a danger for any full back in the world on any given day but not regularly enough.

Someone like Everton should maybe take the gamble since heā€™s only 25 but itā€™d probably end up like Bolasie.

6 Likes

Yeah those stats donā€™t lie, I think I got caught up in the highlight reels on MOTD where he always looked like the only Newcastle player that was even slightly dangerous. Although youā€™re also forgetting his assists albeit they are still only in the single digits.

1 Like

Good lord, what a fall from grace. Bournemouth? :rofl:

Thing is stats can be manipulated to show whatever you want them to show

I would suggest a player who can pick up the ball in his own half, and take it at speed close to the opposition box is a very valuable player.
He moves his team forward whenever he gets the ball, thats a good quality to have.

Club agreement. Wow. Surely he rejects them?
Will look like a fucking idiot if he backs out of a move now though.

Transfer announcement tweets have peaked :joy::clap:

4 Likes

Brilliant

Are they getting Rooney

1 Like

How did Bayern end up paying only 8m for Sommer when he was being floated as a De Gea replacement for 30m just six month ago? Itā€™s not like heā€™s playing poorly.

PL tax, mate. That and Bayern always gets their player cheaply.

His contract was ending this summer. Bayern fucked around a lot with the transfer trying not to pay for him since he would be a free agent soon but they ended having to give up to their demands.

1 Like

Aulas going on Twitter to say Gusto is staying till the summer.

Thatā€™s true. They somehow manage to undercut PL buyers and still walk away with the player.

Investigate Spurs.
Danjuna, Porro and Gordon? The flying fuck? I thought they had no money.

Gordon is shite.

Canā€™t believe he has clubs wanting him

4 Likes

Heā€™s young, looks busy and is English. I think thereā€™s always a market for a guy like that.

1 Like

Hardly a queue forming here though.

Well only Everton could parlay a guy like that into a midlevel sale. Total incompetence. IIRC Chelsea offered them 60m this summer.