Other Clubs' Transfers

He has injury issues though doesn’t he? Don’t think he’s ever played a 30 game league season in his career and has just recently come back from surgery at 29 anyway.

Think he’s an immense talent and a big upgrade but I’d be worried if I were Liverpool about how many games they’ll get out of him for what I imagine they’ll be paying him.

That’s a banger post. Needs more likes. :rofl:

If they want to upgrade that midfield they should sign Grealish and call it a day.

Signing a 29 year old with suspect fitness is just stupid which is why I doubt it, their average starting XI age needs to drop not increase especially considering the intensity at which they play.

1 Like

I’d sign Grealish. He’d be a nice upgrade to our midfield.

We’re not spending £80m on Jack Grealish. Not a chance.

1 Like

You think he’s going for £80mil?

@Joshua: He’d kill it here, his versatility would be a huge asset

2 Likes

I’d rather do that than £50m on a guy who is in his mid 20s and has never played in England.

Probably not, but that was the most recent quoted price. We wouldn’t even pay half that for him.

That’s crazy though. We’re apparently going to spend more than half on a guy who is supposed to be midfield Jesus but plays in one of the most restrictive systems in Europe. I worry that Partey is going to get run over.

Selling Guendouzi and others as well also perhaps loaning them some players could smooth the deal.

Damn shame because he’s the kind of attacking mid we’re in desperate need of.

Thiago is miles ahead of Graelish and is more what they need anyways.

Gini, Ox can offer what Graelish would.

He seems to have gotten over a lot of the injury stuff and been integral in Bayern’s success with Flick this season, no?

Would be a fantastic move for whoever gets him.

Not really, they need someone who is young and versatile who can also play in the attacking positions.

Grealish can play #10, CM and even out wide. Thiago is honestly a fading force and can’t play many games as well as being 29, dumb move IMO

Thiago is a massive upgrade on Hendo, and will help them hang with City technically.

Who cares if he’s 29, he’s at his peak. Liverpool are set up to win now, might as well make the most out of this era where they have a great team.

1 Like

They should care.

You think he can play the Liverpool way in the PL? History demonstrates that he doesn’t have the peak fitness required, he’ll break down.

It’s all a moot point anyway. According to Tim Sherwood, Grealish to Man United is already a done deal. And obviously he’d know :roll_eyes:

Just did a quick fag packet lookup on Thiago’s numbers. He’s had 150 league appearances in the 7 seasons he’s been at Bayern.

That means he’s featured in 56% of their fixtures in the time that he’s been there. Coupled with the fact Bayern are willingly letting him go and Liverpool tend to run their midfielders to the ground during games to create the spaces out wide I do find this one somewhat baffling.

Don’t get me wrong though, he’s a supreme talent. Fantastic on his day.

Bayern play a pretty gung ho style, and the Bundesliga also requires a lot of fitness and mobility.

This move is a no-brainer for a club like Liverpool who don’t have that kind of technical ability in midfield.

@CliftonGeraldi they’re not willing to let him go, he was all set to sign a new deal but has suddenly changed his mind now.

1 Like

Ahh fair enough mate, that was a presumption on my part.

Bayern are far better than everyone else, the level of pressing is night and day.

Like I said he’ll most likely break down and it’s yet another aging player to their squad, it wouldn’t be an awful signing at all and yeah he’d add technical ability but it’s not how you go about building a dynasty IMO

Maybe they figure on only having him available fifty percent of the time because they’ve got faith in Keita still coming good,and think their other options are pretty good, which is not wholly unreasonable given they’ve won’t the CL and league in consecutive seasons.

Having Thiago fifty percent of the time just makes Liverpool even better than they already are. I think it looks like a good move, especially given it’s on a free and they’re supposedly not spending much this summer to ensure their side remains placed to win trophies.

2 Likes