Other Clubs' Transfers

Tbh if he signs I think he’ll do well enough but they’ve overpaid for sure.

1 Like

Surely this pushes them right below Liverpool and City. It’s funny because if Mourinho stayed they would probably have the odd chance at the league title.

Leicester spending the money wisely :exploding_head:

I’d rather Lewis Dunk at £45m than Maguire at £80m lol

3 Likes

Yeah when you put it like that. But it’s still mental though. £45m is supposed to be our entire budget (plus sales of course)

1 Like

I want a CB signing too! :santi:

And not an 18 year old.

1 Like

Pretty crazy what being the best player in a mid-table side does to you, depending on the league ofc. Some of the players the big boys have, walk in these teams but because they’re not in that high regard at a higher level they go for dirt cheap. Insane.

PL premium is a joke.

2 Likes

What a joke Scum is.

1 Like

For around the same money Man U spent on two defenders, Liverpool bought VVD and Allison, who turned them into title contenders and European Champions.

I think it’s fairly obvious who has done the best business.

Goes to show how naive some of our fans seeing all these sides in the Prem spending like there’s no limit yet they believe Arsenal FC has a 45m budget.
Come on guys, use your brain. Also, for those blaming it on contracts like Ozil’s. Look at Law’s interview. He gives off vibes that we made a steal to re-sign him for 350k pw and Arsenal should have no problem covering that.
Is our club petty and cheap? You best believe that BUT we can spend when it’s right. Why are we playing around with Kieran then? Well, he is injured so rushing to get it over the line doesn’t really matter (unless someone else comes in, which doesn’t seem to be the case).

Lewis Dunk £45m and Harry Maguire £80m?

Fuck football man

7 Likes

Fucking hell Leicester replaced Maguire in just 1hr 25 minutes! :joy:

1 Like

That World Cup last year inflated Maguire like a silicone implant

2 Likes

£80m for Maguire is a bit much imo, but I think he’s an ok defender and if money is not an issue it doesn’t matter. So they’ll have Bissaka, Maguire, Lindelöf Shaw as a 4 man defense. Looks better than what they’ve had in recent years I must say.

2 Likes

I think we can spend more, I just don’t think our board are interested or ambitious enough to do it.

absolute bollocks, we have spent more than that on 1 player with Laca and Auba just recently

1 Like

we made a profit the year we bought Auba and Laca. This has been explained a hundred times. Just like all the “we only spent £20m that summer on Cech could’ve won the league” no not really, we spent £80m the window prior so we were doing the £40-50m thing all along and couldn’t spend more. You wanted to spend more we would’ve not had Sanchez or w/e. After the Cech window we spent £80m net again, Xhaka and Mustafi so naturally we went about even the next window which is that Auba+Laca one. The window prior to Sanchez we spent about £40m on Özil. Prior to that we were on the stadium practical joke thing where we spent nothing net. We’ve done £40-50m net per season, if we went over we went under next one.

Now we should have a bit more money with better sponsor deals, we did spend maybe £65m last window (Torreira) and that’s what I mean when I argue we should have more than £45m now, I mean… like £60m or w/e.

And last, to clarify what I mean by “money we have” I mean money our owner allows us to spend on transfers. It initially has nothing to do with what we make (unless you mean FFP), we get to spend what the owner of the whole thing says we can spend. I know occasionally clowns on the internet with an F in logic says we made all these profits in the past bla bla and should have hundreds of millions of pounds in the bank, that’s irrelevant. We could’ve made a loss. It’s still the owner decides how much we are allowed to use. That used to be nothing when we built a stadium, then it was about £40m/s when we had CL and the old deals, and my guess it is maybe a bit more now with new deals.

We are definitely not going to get any players of that quality in this window.
We got Aubameyang for 60m because we sold Walcott and Giroud for 40m.

There is no way we’re going to get anything more than Tierney, a winger like Fraser and a CB, which is our bare minimum.

Any talk of Zaha and Pepe for 80m is just nonsense.

We have never done remotely enough in any transfer window and positions that need quality always remain unfilled.

I’m surprised anyone thinks this window will be any different.

By the way, saying “we tried,” doesn’t count.
It has to be actual players.

1 Like