Other Clubs' Transfers

Mav

The problem is if he is cover for Sokratis, Koss, and Holding - 2 of those 3 are basically NOT to be relied upon next season - Holding coming back from serious, long-term injury, and Koss is aging with multiple chronic injuriesā€¦ if we had Sokratis and at least one other reliable CB, and then Holding and Koss, Iā€™d feel better about it.

And Mavro so far looks a complete mess.

3 Likes

Apart from, Sylvestre, Djourou, Squillaci, Senderos, Stepanovs, Cygan, I canā€™t think of many others.
All Iā€™m saying is, as cover, there have been a lot worse than him or at least as bad.

They didnā€™t cost 35 MILLION

This BASTARD is the worst player to ever wear our shirt

To be fair, if it werenā€™t for the fact that we paid such a ridiculously high fee for him, and such high wages, this conversation probably wouldnā€™t be happening.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to wait until the end of the transfer window, where we were desperate for a decent quality CB, and then allowed the selling club to hold us to ransom, is to blame.

It should be a sackable offence to waste 90m on three useless players like Mustafi, Xhaka and Perez, and whoever was responsible should be named.

Nah what needs to happen is we actually bring in some legit top quality players, but yeah we all know that isnā€™t going to happenā€¦ clubs fucked.

2 Likes

If we sell Ozil and Mkhi for a combined total of 25 million, the entire working staff of the club should be sacked :joy:

I thought Emeryā€™s thoughts on him were interesting and fair. He is a very good ball winner, one of the best statistically, he just goes in for so many 50-50s he gets caught out very often. If he learnt when to cover and stand off youā€™d actually have a good defender, perhaps

Awaits people screaming at me.

Iā€™d be happy to just get them off the wage bill.

Whoā€™s gonna pay big money for two past it frauds in their 30ā€™s?

I agree in some ways, itā€™s his decision making which is his worst attribute, but that being said, how easy is it to coach decision making?
Itā€™s not just 50/50s he goes in for, he regularly goes through the back of the attacker and gives away cheap free kicks/gets yellowed - but once again itā€™s decision making.
If Emery thinks he can coach it out of them then we may have a decent defender.
The problem is that we need someone good now, not just for the future, and heā€™s tying up up to Ā£20m of potential transfer funds.
The other issue is we have someone that does Mustafiā€™s role better than him in Sokratis, and I think itā€™s a liability to have both of them in the same team.
Overall if we can sell and replace with someone like Bailly for a similar figure it would be good business, but no point getting rid if we canā€™t get another in to replaceā€¦

Fuck off City. Cunts. So hope you bottle the league. We canā€™t afford anyone and they spend 70M like its nothing

2 Likes

I do have a feeling that in the next decade or so we will be overtaken by a sugar daddy. Who could it be? Tune in for the next episode of Dragonball Z!

1 Like
1 Like

How about Rio Ferdinand? :speak_no_evil:

Better yet, why not suggest an OA member for TD! Who would we reckon has the qualities most suited for the role? :thinking: Maybe @Sol? Heā€™d get shit sorted.

3 Likes

If sham is as ruthless as he is with player threads there is only one man for the job @shamrockgooner

If I can do it from home Iā€™ll take it.

1 Like

You get rid of Mustafi you can do what you like!

Iā€™d LOVE a job from home.

See I couldnā€™t think of anything worse. It would basically to me feel like permanent unemployment lol. I need to leave the house!

1 Like