Olivier Giroud

With the cold weather coming up, they can use the book as fuel for the wood burners. :grinning:

I wonder if his record breaking run of fifteen PL games, for a striker not scoring, will get a mention.
Especially playing in front of a midfield with the quality of Ozil, Sanchez, Cazorla and Ramsey.

2 Likes

I actually think it would be one of the more interesting autobiographies as far as footballers go.

I’m actually quite intrigued about how a guy who was basically playing at an amateur level in his early 20s goes on to win the CL and World Cup, something that many players much better than him could only dream of.

Would be interested to see if he spills any gossip about Arsenal and the French NT as well.

3 Likes

This shit lives rent free in my head.

I’ll be having a quiet moment, perhaps I’ve gone for a walk and I’m contemplating the next steps in my life. Or I’m in the shower reflecting on fond memories from happier times. Or simply gazing upon some beautiful countryside and enjoying some hard-earned tranquility away from the clamour of city life.

Then I’ll remember Giroud’s barren spell in 2016. And I’ll be filled with rage and despair. And more rage. And I’ll want to inflict pain upon something. But without a real outlet, I just bottle it up. There it simmers away. Building slowly over time.

Until one day, out of the blue, my wife is on the end of a sizzling right hook as my flimsy emotional control finally shatters. Yes. I should speak to a professional about this.

2 Likes

Obviously it wouldn’t contain WC and CL glory, but I think Jamie Vardy would have a similar story to tell, but he strikes me as more of character than Giroud, much more likely to have some good, funny anecdotes.

2 Likes

Oh yeah I’m buzzing for that film as well tbh, love a rags to riches story.

And many would say that Leicester winning the PL is a much more exciting story than Giroud winning the CL with Chelsea and WC with France as it’s much more of an unexpected underdog story

1 Like

Strangely this popped up on my feed yesterday and I couldn’t help but think of it while reading your post lol.

2 Likes

Haha, I was literally thinking of this clip when writing my post. It would feel a bit much to describe him as “witty”, but he definitely seems funnier than Giroud and I bet it will translate to some amusing anecdotes.

1 Like

He’d be great fun, I’d have loved him here for a few years. Sometimes our players take the game and the lifestyle way too seriously, you wouldn’t get that with Vardy, just goals and shanter.

Though credit to him for seeing how shit we were at the time lol.

3 Likes

Also someone who would inflate his side of story.

Not sure what you’re basing that on really, but a bit of light embellishment tends to improve autobiographies tbf :grin:

1 Like

Can we keep this thread on topic please. Giroud didn’t die just to have his thread taken over by the Blue WKD chav.

Blue WKD > Red Wine

GTFO of your own thread Giroud

4 Likes

Imagine if we had signed Vardy in 2016. Would have consigned Giroud to the subs bench way earlier.

It would have been joyous to see Sanchez, Vardy and Özil combine.

He’s an annoying little prick on the pitch, but you can’t deny that he’s been one of the best strikers in the league for the past 5+ years (although declining now). Churning out 24, 20 and 23 league goals is mightily impressive.

And his big game record is outstanding. He has one of those genuine “I don’t give a fuck” attitudes and isn’t phased or intimidated by reputations.

5 Likes

We should have just bought the entire band, 150 million on Vardy, Mahrez and Kante, would have been a fucking bargain tbh. Probably wouldn’t even have cost that much.

3 Likes

Speaking of Vardy, this was gold

4 Likes

I thoroughly enjoyed that whole bizarre episode, had completely forgotten about that :arteta:

2 Likes

We spent a lot more than that on Lacazette, Pepe and Xhaka, who play in similar positions.
I know who I’d prefer.

You are hoping there is little reading and tonnes of pictures aren’t you :pepe1:

:joy:

2 Likes

Nicole, could have done with that advice back in 2012

4 Likes