Transfer Wishlist

1 Like

I want us to spend a large proportion of our transfer budget in the summer on a CBā€¦looks decent

2 Likes

I want us to spend

1 Like

Forgot about him completely but Brandt could be a nice player to add. All in all, there are loads of wingers available and Iā€™m sure most teams would want to cash in sooner than later. Pepe, Brandt, Lemar, Malcolm, Pavon and Lozano all targets we could go for. Isco and Zaha situations should be tracked as well.

Pipe dream with the yankee :kroenke:

First off the name of this thread needs to be changed back to just the wishlist, second some of this depends on CL football so we really really really need to get that sweet sweet 4th place.

Our summer window (if everything goes absolutely perfectly):

Out:

Ospina - 4m
Martinez - 2m
Xhaka - 18m
Elneny - 10m
Ramsey - free but :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: wages
Mkhytarian - 15m
Mustafi - 12m

If we have 75m+ to spend, this will give us 130m+ at least.

In:

Rabiot - free
Ndombele - 50m
Sarr - 30m
Hermoso - 40m (release clause)
Orban or Felipe - 15m

Resign:

Welbeck
Nacho

Starting xi:

--------------------Leno-----------------
Bellerinā€”Papaā€”Hermosoā€”Kola (:expressionless:)
--------Torreira---------Rabiot------
Ɩzil-----------Ndombele--------Sarr
---------------------Auba----------------

Bench: Macey, Orban, Holding, Kosh, Mav, Nacho, Guendouzi, Chambers, Ainsley-Maitland Niles, Willock, Smith-Rowe, Iwobi, Saka, Nelson, Welbeck, Lacazette

1 Like

We could easily recoup or even make profit on Xhaka. Heā€™s considered an integral part of our team, being a starter and a captain. Anyway, I really doubt our team will cash in. Xhaka will stay, at worst as back-up.

3 Likes

Maybe we could, but the word easily sure as hell doesnā€™t belong in that sentence.

5 Likes

I know you donā€™t rate Xhaka but enough people do, Iā€™d be staggered if we only got 18 million quid for him in the current climate of transfers.

2 Likes

Fair enough I just wanna cut bait and be done with him. Although honestly I wouldnā€™t mind him as depth in case we suffered an injury or two as weā€™re known to do. Anyone think itā€™s possible to convert Ɩzil into a deeper lying midfielder kinda like Cazorla did in his later years converting from a winger to our b2b guy?

1 Like

Done

9 Likes

I would keep Mkhitayran and Ospina as, for the money weā€™d get for them, I donā€™t think weā€™d get much better.
I know Mkhitayran is on high wages but he is a decent player that Emery seems to like.

If we do get 75m for those players I donā€™t think weā€™ll spend anywhere near 130m.

The biggest window weā€™ve had was when we bought Xhaka, Mustafi and Perez and our net spend was around 80m but that was following the previous window where we only bought a GK.
So spread over those windows we averaged around 40m a season.

There is no way we are going to spend anywhere near 130m in a single transfer window.

2 Likes

[/quote]

Those figures include the January windows as well, which is fair enough.
That bumps it up to just over 50m a season, so I still maintain we arenā€™t going to spend anywhere near 130m in the next window.

We need as a bare minimum, a top quality CB and winger as well as replacements for Ramsey and Ozil, if he leaves.
Also we still havenā€™t sorted the GK position adequately but thatā€™s not a priority.

The total disregard Wenger had for our defence means we have a complete lack of quality in those positions, so we have to spend big, and thatā€™s simply something we rarely do.

3 Likes

Whatā€™s the odds we can acquire Puig or AleƱƔ this summer, as part of the Monchi madness?

Be surpirised about Alena mate. I hear they really rate him very highly out there

Havenā€™t seen enough mysekf to give an honest opinion

These the youngsters from Barca?

Ja.

2 Likes

Really cba when Puyol and Pique the new Barca managing team start tapping him up with the Barca DNA thoā€¦

We can really unlock this side quality depth a full back. Should be top priority

1 Like