OA origins/Favourite moments

I’d love to get my global warming thread out from the old site.

Looks like a fucking problem in this heat now eh???

Yeah I was top at some fruit slicing game. Me and @Robin_L used to tussle over first place for a while before ol’ Robbo gave up :sunglasses:

1 Like

I had either 7 or 11 top spots at one stage. In fairness the boyfriend lived in a different part of the country back then. :joy:

Was it the Fruit Salad game? I tried beating the top score, but trying to do that on a laptop pad, instead of a proper mouse was just too out of reach!

I remember way back in the early days of Arcade, we used to have the penguin bashing game, the one where you hit it as far as it could go, ended up being a total bloodfest :sweat_smile:

Tried to beat @Robin_L score on Snake for AGES, and always kept fucking up at crucial moments, so never managed to in the end. Towards the end of Arcade life, I did a lot of Tetris challenge battles with @PPB which were always really good fun.

2 Likes

Fun times. Welcome back.

1 Like

Bring back the arcade mode :clap:

1 Like

Anyone remember El Bee?
Who was the one who called her out on random and thereafter the lady never posted again?

1 Like

Aww yeah I remember El bee. What was is that happened?

Everyone remembers her in some capacity :giroud: There were several people that had somewhat heated debates during her time here lol, but I’m fairly sure it was @Hass who was the one that called her out and questioned her actual interest in Football and Arsenal matters.

3 Likes

@Hass you liked it that means its true.
What did you say? :joy:

Hah, can always rely on Mysty’s memory bank.

Can’t lie it was kinda uncalled for. The bald fella that knew her in real life blew up my DM’s for a good while after that.

@Trion I vaguely remember her saying the Wenger critics on here were unappreciative idiots and I kicked off about her not knowing the difference between a goal kick and a pen.

9 Likes

ffs :joy::joy::joy:

Haha oh well.

She did good interviews though.

That said I remember cringing for months after I answered my interview questions. My English was very poor back then.

My answers had me doing that too.

Not for that reason though.

Little bit.

1 Like

BFG?

Would anyone want the interviews segment back, or are people glad the original interviews were lost to the ages? :gunnersaurus:

3 Likes

yes!

@TA-6, he’s basically life president of OA. Haha

1 Like

Nah don’t really care about them tbh

Might work as a thread and people could just copy paste a bunch of questions and answer them. Some newbies might even give it a go so we could get to know them. :slight_smile:

3 Likes