OA Awards

So that’s my work done for 2018. All the results are posted in the respective threads. Although if you can’t be arsed to trawl though them, then in short the winners were.

Personality of the Year - @Luca_from_Italy
The Get a Room - @SRCJJ & @JakeyBoy
Workhorse - @Luca_from_Italy
Post of the Year - @Bl1nk 's Drunken New Year message
Thread of the Year - Arsene Wenger
Combative Member - @AbouCuellar
OA Moment of the Year - Wenger leaving Arsenal.
Poster of the Year - @JakeyBoy & @will24

Thanks to everyone who took part this year, whether it’s sending me nominations or voting in the polls. We had easily the best awards since the switch to new OA. Always a lot of fun putting these awards on :slight_smile: I particularly hope you like the extra Simpsons references for each award announcement to try go with the theme of each winner :wenger:

Have a great Christmas y’all!

14 Likes

Nice work @Mysty these definitely wouldn’t have happened without you coming back. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Second that! OA’s MVP is definately @Mysty :trophy:

7 Likes

4 Likes

Memories of @Mysty posting that about treble in the Walcott thread in Summer 2017 haha and getting lots of likes

2 Likes

Ah, that gif brings happy memories of my all time top liked post :giroud3:

Thanks for the kudos lads :+1:

(Indeed Calum!)

1 Like

Many was it? 20 +

That gif implies @Mysty could disappear again. Boooooo!

Quite an apt post above.

In Mystys continued absence and my colleagues continued indifference/other commitments :grin: I’d like to offer you, the good people of OA the opportunity to express your interest in running the 2019 OA awards.

As with other years there is opportunity to cancel some awards, to introduce a new one or to reinstitute an old favourite.

If anyone is interested then send me a PM. If not I’ll be back in a couple of weeks with a slightly half arsed effort. :slight_smile:

Lol @Luca winning two awards last year then getting permanently banned a few months later.

7 Likes

Shit, I swear I ran an OA awards once upon a time. (Not volunteering lol)

Not to worry I expect to be otherwise inundated.

:gunnersaurus:

1 Like

1 Like

I want an award

Lol sounds like Marlon Brando

1 Like

My personal view is I’d just axe them. They were funny in its heyday but I think they’ve had there time

Yea. No. Like I say if no one wants to do it properly I will half arse it.

OA Awards are fun, I just have little time to participate at this time of the year :sob::sob:

2 Likes

You’ll find time for the Wenger thread as Thread of the year though.:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Unprecedented levels of interest this year. :smiley:

Here’s the plan then, I’m gonna keep it small this year and go with five awards.

Poster of the year
Personality of the year
Thread of the year

And I’ll put it out there for ye to suggest what the other two should be. I’ll pick my two favourites over the next few days and then we’ll get down to some nominations :slight_smile:

6 Likes

definitely have to have troll of the year i feel.