Nuno Tavares (Loan: Forest)

If Nuno Tavares comes back it would be to play at left-wing.

Indeed but Dumfries is chaotic. Iā€™d be panicking every game.

Sell Tavares and make a profit on the player.

Keep Tierney as a very good player and offers something different to Zinny.

Stay clear of Dumfries. Good going forward but isnā€™t in the same league as White or Tomi.

2 Likes

I know it sounds insane and I was completely on board with selling Nuno Tavares a few months ago.

Iā€™d bring him back and repurpose him as a left winger. Or at the minimum, loan him out again but stipulate that he plays as a forward. His ability to go both inside and outside and shoot off either foot intrigues me. Iā€™ve heard Marseille is also using him on the right side.

Nuno had 9 shots in a game vs Monaco last month lol. Thatā€™s nuts. I think it tells you his decision making still isnā€™t great, but itā€™s still fairly impressive that heā€™s got 9 shots off.

No point making any decisions on the loanees now. Bring them back for preseason and evaluate where they stand within the team.

People finally seeing the light wrt Tavares being a winger

2 Likes

This was a consideration ages ago though to be fair.

1 Like

From the clips Iā€™ve seen of him at Marseille he is not good enough to be a winger.

A lot of his dribbles and attempts are flukey happenstances where he loses control of the ball and it pings of the opposing player into space and then heā€™s able to run onto it.

I think this season is just a crazy one-off for him when everything is coming up Nuno but ultimately it wonā€™t last and we need to capitalise on it this summer otherwise weā€™re gonna be stuck with a deadwood LB we canā€™t trust.

1 Like
3 Likes

I havenā€™t gone through French Twitter in quite a whileā€¦.

This is why Google translate is hilarious most of the times, you cannot translate a lot of phrases literally :rofl:

3 Likes

A hunger strike in protest or how bad a footballer someone is :arteta: :arteta: :arteta:

Iā€™m amazed bo one has done it at the Emirates in the last 15 years or so lol

3 Likes

Lol, no. But thanks for the free plug. :arteta:

5 Likes

Yeah I mean who wants Alaba, Mendy, Alba, Balde or whichever central defender Man City play at left back, when you could have king nuno :crown:???

50m in summer please city. Added bonus is he can set up Jesus like he did Jota.

Why do you think the Emirates had all those empty seats in so many games during that period?

Tbf managers love runners these days because the art in football has gone, so Tavares will always have somewhere decent to play

2 Likes

Football is faster than itā€™s ever been but fuck me itā€™s come at the expense of some players with quality on the pitch.

7 Likes

Weā€™re so lucky to have players like Odegaard and Saka who bring the beauty and intelligence back. Unpopular opinion: I actually think Havertz is one of these guys as well.

6 Likes

Actually I wouldnā€™t highlight Saka and Odegaard in that respectā€¦ Iā€™d rather go for Partey and Jesus, by far the most sauciest players in this squad, and when theyā€™re on it theyā€™re comfortably our best players.

1 Like