Nuno Tavares (Loan: Forest)

8m euros for a 6 foot left back who is about 20. Physically, I like his profile. I have never seen him play but it’s not the kind of deal that makes me angry. I’m hoping for a fully fit Tierney this season but always good to get someone else on the books to work behind him.

8 Likes

I haven’t seen him play, but I’d like to think this is a better option than Kola returning.

3 Likes

Something new is better than something that we know won’t work

4 Likes

This is what I like about Dumfries as well, barring white who is quite small for a defender. If we end up with Tavares and buy some one like Dumfries we’re looking at an average height of about 6”0 for our back line when you factor in Gabriel, Mari and Saliba (if he stays).

1 Like

Isn’t Dumfries poor defensively?

Not sure to be honest, but if we want to move back up the table then we need very good offensive full backs, and Dumfries is a real handful going forward plus he’s very good physically. Having a taller squad with stronger players will help out a lot for set pieces and aerials duals.

Time for our boy Ains to get the nod? :wink:

1 Like

Honestly I love AMN, and would start him at RB and focus on upgrading elsewhere on the pitch.

If you guys really loved AMN you’d stop forcing him to play the hellish position of fullback, you know that shit gives him hives.

Looks like the plan is to review AMN during preseason. The club isn’t too impressed with what’s available.
It all depends on AMN now, he seems fixed on leaving. Hopefully getting a starting role here changes that.

1 Like
1 Like

€25m on a young midfield prospect and a young backup LB. That is tidy business.

Now let’s add White, a CM (or even two would be good) and a new RB and I’ll be happy.

5 Likes

You omitted AM. I assume that’s on purpose?

1 Like

Good good - stockpile youngsters and don’t play them… Arteta and Edu continue their 4 dimensional chess bamboozle.

2 Likes

Yeah. Would rather play 4-3-3

Houssem LCM? :wink:

1 Like

Ah there is a line I’m familiar with. Though as I discovered when I banged this drum, most on here prefer the know to be shit option.

1 Like

Who even is this guy?

Wait what…you were defending Xhaka

1 Like