Nuno Tavares (Loan: Forest)

Reckon we could’ve done with him if he stayed on.

This reminds me of the game a year ago against Palace at the Emirates. Ainsley started the match slow but grew into the game and was causing issues for Palace. Arteta hooked him at HT or just before HT and then they fell out again…

None of them will have given the ball away nine times in thirty minutes tbf

I wouldn’t be surprised if they did
And you wouldn’t be either

From my previous post you could have inferred that I would be surprised.

1 Like

I felt like there maybe a good player in there but he clearly didn’t get out of bed today.

Nio you wouldn’t jakey

Man, i already sold it for 8M€, dont give him back to Portugal squad pls.

He will never be LB for National Squad and if he goes to a friendly match, he will not have a chance to grab that spot, Nuno Mendes sleeping is 1000x better. There’s also Raphael Guerreiro, Mario Rui and Cancelo (LB).

I saw all the Arsenal games since the start of the season, looks like Tavares already settled and started to be that guy that Benfica fans hated. 100% off the game everytime, making mistakes after mistakes with shity passes until he completely doenst give a shit and says “if it’s not in Arsenal, it will be anywhere else”.

Fucking hell

There you are.
:ramsdale:

4 Likes

He’s knows more than us.

Shite younger version of Kolasinac. Waste of money and time

We’ve been shit away all season.

Tavares wasn’t the only one on that pitch needlessly giving the ball away. I turned it off at half time, but I was watching Saka and Odegaard doing the same thing, although not to the same extent.

His substitution was similar to when Eboue was taken off after a series of mistakes.
The difference is that Eboue was a likeable player but Tavares just comes across as arrogant.

1 Like

Now…I didn’t see much of the game so massive caveat here…but I don’t think we should write him off based on this game where he came in pretty cold in terms of game time and we collectively shat the bed.

I think he’s still fine for the squad position he holds.

1 Like

Perhaps, hope Arteta doesn’t Guendouzi him after his reaction when he came off though.

He’s still very raw but there is potential. Let’s see where he’s at in a year or so.

2 Likes

I don’t really see it that way. It’s natural for a player to be angry when he is taken off, especially when he feels he’s had a shit game.

I don’t think Tavares was disrespectful anymore than he was simply just a combination of annoyed and disappointed. That could quite easily have been with himself for all we know as well as a little aimed at Arteta for taking him off.

1 Like

Nuno is very good in the final third [remember that assist for Saka] but makes so many mistakes in the build-up. His best enemies are the concentration and the confidence… and maybe poor time making.

Has to improve the vision and to keep the calm when has the ball.

1 Like

Tbf I don’t think he should of been taken off before half time.
It was 0 0 and could of saved him a bit of dignity. The reaction probably comes from disappointment and embarrassment of being taken off early like that.

3 Likes

It’d be more concerning if a player played like he did, got subbed after half an hour and then left the field with a smile, or even just a neutral expression. He should be pissed off and it should show. Mostly at himself for playing so fucking badly, but maybe at his manager too. Whoever he’s specifically mad at in this situation, it’s the reaction you’d expect to see.

2 Likes
1 Like

“Player was signed under me so you best believe I ain’t making this another Guendouzi”

5 Likes