Norwich

Half of the PL, Bayern, Barca and all the other teams interested in Max Aarons must be really glad the dodged that bullet.
Norwich tried to play hardball on both him and Cantwell and it’s really backfiring on them.

Surely this lot can’t get relegated and promoted for the third time in a row lol. Give someone else a chance you canary fucks

1 Like

They would have had a chance if they stuck with Farke who did miracles with what he had to work with.
Instead, they went and got Dean Smith so they can go back to being an ordinary Championship team.

It really raises more the question of the step up. It’s all money related. Unless you have money and a plan it’s an eggshell walk.
Leeds look weak now. Brentford could easily hit one of them runs that takes them down there.

2 Likes

Brentford’s “moneyball” will keep them up I reckon. Their work behind the scenes is far more serious than Norwich and Leeds. I see them being the new cockroach of the PL. :sweat_smile:

Tbf in hindsight, you do see the value of firefighter managers when you see all these clubs at the lower end of the table. You know what you get with them and they generally have some idea of how to JUST get enough wins to survive.

The clubs right now are just…well they’re all just really inconsistent (for their level) and when shit hits the fan most of them lose their nerve on whatever direction (If there was any) was planned.

What’s really odd is how many teams are just seem downright terrible. Derby was an anomaly at the time, but now it feels like there’s been multiple ‘Derbys’ (Not as bad as them or Huddersfield but they’re close) for a couple of seasons. Last season not a single relegated team reached 30 points. For Premier League standards that is pathetic. There’s been a lot of crap relegated teams but most usually have the belly for the fight to survive. It’s not normal for teams to crash and burn to this degree.

1 Like

I think it’s money. If you already earn 50-80k a week whatever is on offer to stay up as a shared bonus probably isn’t that enticing, especially whens it’s probably a fraction of what the club will earn. And if you’re good enough some other shit club will give you an out anyway and maybe even more money. Players used to have to work for it.

It’s why I reckon these identity clubs like Burnley and Stoke before them (and in a different way Bournemouth) survive for a few years. There’s something there to buy into beyond the “stay up at all costs” mantra.

Think even Palace did a great job by securing the on field stuff with Hodgson for a few years while doing a lot of background work. They seem well set to be a PL mainstay now, albeit they won’t threaten much beyond mid table.

And totally agreed on this. I can never understand how people question Steve Bruce getting a job. He’s really quite good at what he does like so many others before him.

2 Likes

I thought this may have been fake news, but looks legit…

Weapons he’s there best player

2 Likes

Hope they go down and don’t come back for at least five seasons.

So boring seeing them add nothing to the Prem other than being a yellow and green yoyo

1 Like

Madness, he’s not as good as Chelsea fans will tell you but he’s definitely one of Norwich’s best players.

That Placheta dickhead looked decent today after being a bellend against us.

How does a White and Navy yoyo suit you instead? :grin:

2 Likes

Inbreds don’t deserve him

1 Like

Hahaha yeah man West Brom are nearly just as worse FFS

1 Like

Fucking bird-clubs.

1 Like

Don’t want to see these inbreds back in the Premier league for some time. Let’s face they offer nothing every single time.

Them and WBA are the worse

1 Like

The good news, Will, is that WBA may just struggle to secure automatic promotion this season.

1 Like

What do people actually want out off WBA and Norwich exactly.

He’s certainly not.
Normann has been Norwich’s best player this season. Pukki not far away.

Burnley, well WBA did have a run like that tbf.

1 Like