Norwich

What ever happens, it’s unlikely Norwich are going to be in the PL next season so they might as well go for someone who has had experience, and been successful, at getting teams promoted, like Smith.

2 Likes

Running was never Frank strength.

3 Likes

Derby attracted some good young talent because of Lampard. I also think Vieira’s appointment made Palace a more attractive destination for players.

I think Deeby’s rational with Rooney was the same. That didn’t quite work out though.

1 Like

They did spend this summer to be fair. At least for what we’re used with Norwich. They also kept Aarons and Cantwell. That new guy Normann lad looks like a baller too.
I think their signings will eventually come good and they’ll be back in the PL soon.

1 Like

It’s true they did spend the Buendia money and a bit more but it was the lack of investment in previous windows that has seen them struggle to stay in the PL.

Saying that, as you say, they did well to keep hold of Aarons and Cantwell.

3 Likes

His last game at Villa? Southampton

His first game at Norwich? Southampton

lol

2 Likes

Good appointment for Norwich. He did a good job at Brentford and Aston Villa so nice to see him back in management so soon

2 Likes

Did he take Villa up in one year?

First time of asking in a season in which they were middle of the table when he took over.

2 Likes

Which was also after a horrendous start from Steve Bruce (Which somehow got him the Newcastle job after bombing at Villa for 2 seasons), just dragged them into playoffs and won the thing.

9 Likes

Norwich fans aren’t exactly thrilled with the appointment it seems.
Should have stuck with Farke. They’re going down anyway and Farke got them promoted twice while playing great football.

Problem with Farke is he isn’t up to it in the PL, may have gone to pot for Smith but there are caveats there.

Farke spent £60mil in the summer and it was still a dumpster fire.

1 Like

You can’t do horrendously back to back in the PL like Farke was. It was done.

3 Likes

Their fanbase is pretty down. Haven’t seen them like this in a while.
I think most of them wanted a change but getting the guy that was fired for doing a shit job at Villa(who they consider rivals) in 2021, and who took their best player away hasn’t gone very well with the majority.

I can see them firing him before the end of the season.

Norwich and Villa rivals how?

There’s some big time delusion there, yeah OK about Buendia but Smith is not a bad appointment at all. I mean who were they expecting? A change was most definitely needed.

2 Likes

Time for Big Sam to get another shot at firefighting. Let’s go.

:man_shrugging:
Tbf, I remember seeing some insane takes from Norwich fans when we were interested in Buendia. For example, some thought if they kept the group together they would finish above us, so… :rofl:

3 Likes

Farke is a clown

I can vouch for that.