Nicolas Pépé

You can’t pay with the just eat app.

Silly skint farmers

2 Likes

I’d take that offer lol

It’s really sobering when you see our record signing now so worthless. Really makes you wonder how corrupt Raul must have been.

Roma signing Celik. I wonder if Roma show interest in Pepe. Mou was a fan of his when he was following Ligue 1 in 2019.
Think Pepe can be a menace there.

This go has absolutely no real market at the moment does he ?

I think his wages are being/going to be the biggest obstacle. Given the fee we paid for him, he should be on around 200k/pw, which probably turns away any club that thinks of taking a punt on him. Even if we try to sell him for 15-20M, his wages are going to be a big issue in moving him on. That’s why I am hoping Newcastle come for him.

1 Like

Well, I reckon that’s why he changed agency too. Still, we haven’t heard anything about him yet. Doesn’t mean nothing is happening in the background though.

I do feel it’s one of those moves where it will be decided later on. We’re at a disadvantage because teams know we have to move him on, the closer we move to the end of the window the better leverage they have to lowball us.
Similar story to most of our sellable assets. We’re seeing it more with players with a year left in their deal. Yes you have cases like Jesus where everyone is fighting for him but that does say a lot about the striker market if anything.
You have guys like Aouar, Tielemans, Ndicka, Luiz and a bunch of others who have barely any strong links with clubs.
I think we’re actually using it ourselves with Tielemans funnily enough.

For Pele, I think it’ll get settled as a loan with perhaps an option to buy him. Hopefully he does well wherever he goes.

Edit: Meant Pepe, not Pele, lol. I’ll keep it though. It’s funny.

1 Like

This is probably our only hope of shifting Pepe. Hopefully he always impressed his Nice manager.

1 Like

Do you know him personally?

1 Like

It would be Nice if they can take him away

2 Likes

Must be lonely. Auba gone, Laca gone, he’s left with Sambi.

1 Like

Won’t mind if he goes to Lyon to mingle with Laca

1 Like

That’s…not a bad shout.

1 Like

They finished quite low in the table last year I think. So, they’ll probably be looking to bounce back. And Pepe being a known quantity in the French league, there’s a possibility they could make Pepe their star signing. Very small chance of this actually happening though imo.

Oh, Pepe ain’t moving on a permanent.
It has loan written all over. Hopefully he’ll raise his market value again.

2 Likes

Are there any reports on how much Arsenal want for Pepe?

Yeah, a loan where he does well could actually be quite good for us too. Could sell him for decent money next summer.

I love that optimism. Hopefully Trabzonspor have a really successful 22-23 and they can pay us £10m for Pepe next summer.

1 Like

Apart from PSG, what other French league club would pay the sort of wages Pepe is on?
He will go down as our most expensive flop, by quite some distance.

1 Like

From The Athletic 10 days ago:

It is believed Arsenal and the Ivorian are keen for this to happen — but the club would want to see a reasonable return on their record signing