Nicolas Pépé

He can’t even get in the Ivory Coast team right now, perhaps the reason he’s been frozen out is because he sucks in training.

Not out of the realms of possibility is it.

2 Likes

Bloody hell i had forgot he was an even an option today

Thought we completely lacked in the attacking third although we didn’t have a midfield that could get it to them most of the time.

Liverpool pressed the shit out of us but feel Pepe could’ve at least tried to dribble past his full back with more intent (maybe).

1 Like

Shush no slander is allowed to be directed to the starboy. He’s undroppable regardless of form under arteta

1 Like

You don’t get misused by three different managers. Dud player and we got robbed for £70m

3 Likes

Two managers. You can’t count Freddie.

1 Like

Ah yes, Emery and Arteta, two clearly proven high level coaches known for producing highly efficient attacking football.

4 Likes

Next year will be his 4th season and he’s some kind of victim?

The fact he can’t perform in spite of is a key reason as to why we never should have signed him in the first place, bust.

3 Likes

Again my issue is he’s such a brutal player to watch. Forget productivity for a minute. Players can have off matches but this guy looks good for 5mins, looks like he can’t play football the next 20mins and so on. For a 26 year old he’s ridiculously unreliable.

This could be passable for a teenager but it’s sad as hell for someone that’s 26 and should be entering his peak years, how are you a project player at 26?

Looks like it’ll be peak inconsistency and unreliability until we inevitably offload him for a pittance.

1 Like

In the 1980s he would of been the sub every game.
He’s a poor mans Perry Groves.

1 Like

In spite of the coach and his bastard system?

This applies to Auba, Partey, Willian too, who all productive prior to Arsenal getting mits on them.

Saka too this season has stalled in terms of productivity and performances. Only attacker performing above expectation is ESR and that’s it

2 Likes

I hope Pepe goes out of Arsenal and proves whether he is good or bad.

1 Like

I’m tired about hearing about systems in relation to this dude man.

This guy was a marquee signing and his base level week to weke is hot garbage, ESR and others have been able to nail their places in the team. What is his excuse?

Saka may have dipped but you know what? Hes a young player, it can happen.

And to keep it real Auba is clearly on the slide and Arteta can’t be blamed for Partey’s inconsistency and also injury woes. Willian was crap period, only came for the money. We should never have signed him.

I can and I did!!!

I mean if we had coach that can get more out of his players, what more would we see out of Pepe?

Again his overall play is just so brutal, people diss Partey but his play much more refined and being let down by the system more than anyone else. The amount of times Partey drove the ball through the middle for no one to make a run hurts to watch.

1 Like

Excuses dude

IF Pepe was not contributing to a productive attack where the forwards were performing near or at expectations then I wouldn’t be defending him.

That isn’t the situation under Arteta. Look numbers, some thing is off

3 Likes

Sure they are.

A system is not going to teach this guy the basics, a system is not going to help him retain the ball, limit turnovers, change his suspect mentality, propensity to be anonymous in games, coast, increase his lack of intensity in his play or speed of thought.

I’m not denying this attack isn’t as good as it could potentially be, I’ve said as much numerous times. However, if you think a system is going to morph this guy into the player we believed we were signing initially then you’re having a laugh.

He is deemed not as reliable compared to other members in the attack for a plethora of reasons and this won’t change, a top coach would cut him loose because in addition to all his other deficiencies his football IQ is seriously lacking.

Him being a bust and the attack being lame are not mutually exclusive, looking at his play you can see he is his own worst enemy

I agree.
If it was just Pepe who was under performing then perhaps the player is at fault but so many players under Arteta have gone from being good to losing form.

Pepe, Partey, Aubameyang and even Leno have all lost form and others like Saliba and Guendouzi are being squeezed out.

He hasn’t got any of our attacking players, playing to anywhere near their full potential and that’s why we are one of the lowest scoring teams in the PL.

So is it down to the players or the manager?
Although we clearly overpaid for Pepe, I don’t think the blame is fully with him.

3 Likes

Yep agree bro Auba has been a 20 goal season player before Arteta, last season he went something like 9 games with out a goal. The sample size is so big that I can’t see how anyone can argue that the system isn’t having a detrimental effect on our attacking players.

2 Likes