Nicolas Pépé

We are 15th, we were just outside of the CL spots, we broke our record on him, we needed instant success, he was not. 7 goals 6 assists in the league in 1 and half seasons. Not picked by desperate managers must mean they don’t believe or trust him. And you don’t see why people are hard on him.

All players have their defenders, mind. But their flaws are glaring and you can understand other points of view. I.e me with Ramsey, I can see why people hate him.

3 Likes

Im sick of hearing here and everywhere else teams not set up right for supposedly top talent nowadays.
Fine to a degree but you should be able to show glimpses more often than this.
Hear it all the time on Pepe, Ozil, Pogba etc. Once your on the pitch it’s on you.

3 Likes

Yeah I dont understand the excuse, yeah the system is a bit shit, but fucking hell, pepe bangs one in you’ll get a load of I told you so’s but if hes shit its the manager.

You get so much excuses for utter trash players.

1 Like

That’s true. I really want people to succeed to but every time I see him play it is clumsy.

Nowadays I always think, ‘Neymar still performed for Emery so there are no excuses’

1 Like

TBH he’s an end product player, with shite link up play. Wenger would just move him to a number 9 and get the ball to him as much as possible. And at Lille he was usually the nearest or second nearest the goal. I can take Auba at left wing if Pepe is 9/false 9 with us commiting more men forward faster

Right.

Pepe as a false 9 sounds amazing

Most of his goals and assists that matter are either from penalties or set pieces.

This ain’t a kid we’re talking about here, he’s no Saliba. Perfectly reasonable to expect more then he has demonstrated thus far.

Not sure why everything gets placed at the feet of those that have coached him, is that why his base level has been poor? Seen plenty to believe that he’s as close to bust status as marquee signings get.

What I expect from someone like him is that he shines to a degree in spite of the bullshit around him, why is a rookie like Saka outperforming him every week?

FIFY

1 Like

It’s starting to look ominous for Pepe right now. Even if his G/A record is okay his game impact is so far below the level of Saka it’s impossible for him to get in the team on merit.

Really needs to attack a game with everything he’s got to show he won’t just let a kid take his position so easily.

1 Like

We should be looking to sell him this summer before his value falls even further. I would even consider an offer this window if it came along (although I doubt that happens). I don’t see how he gets into the team unless Saka gets hurt and I just don’t think he is a good fit for Arteta’s broader plans.

The real question is who would buy him. I think the best option might be an Italian club but they’re not throwing much money around right now and it’s unclear whether that will change by the summer.

1 Like

The simple solution is that Pepe should be playing on the left. I mean Saka can play on the left too they can swap all game really, but Auba should be playing through the middle we just gave him a massive contract and we all know he’s a superior goal scorer to Laca.

2 Likes

He looks like such a standard player, like someone we signed from Ligue 1 for £10mil

I don’t see how anyone can watch him play and be hopeful whether it’s under another manager or not, he’s a bust. Suspect mentality, technically inconsistent and he drifts through games.

Lille did us dirty here, hate it had to be our club but he’ll most likely go down as one of the biggest flops in PL history.

4 Likes

I don’t know bro I think he’s been one of our better players tonight, seems a bit rusty but that’s because he hasn’t really featured that much. Honestly feel that he needs a proper run from now until the end of the season and then it will be clear wether he has the consistency to play for this club.

5 Likes

Same.

1 Like

He doesn’t deserve a run though.

I’ve seen enough, we should be selling at a loss.

Gervinho with a better hairstyle

That ur desperately wanting to touch.

10 Likes

He really now needs to take ownership of his own game.
Theres ample opportunity for these performances to have improved. Flashes of promise but far too many faults that are down to the player. The fear is it’s become part of his game. Personally think the expectation of playing here is too big for him. Lille might have been his level.

2 Likes

He did some decent things tonight and got himself into some good positions, but then ultimately his end product let him down.

1 Like

Yes shows flashes that make you think he has something but too often he doesn’t affect games in the way we need. Saka, Martinelli and ESR showing him how it’s done. He just frustrates me by now.

Hope we can sell him on in the Summer and cut our losses on the biggest dud signing we ever made in terms of initial fee - and we’ve certainly made quite a few of them too.

1 Like