Nicolas Pépé

Emery might be correct on wanting Zaha at this rate.

Obviously. But they didn’t cost 70M did they?

No, but he is not the worst, or even close to being the worst signing…no matter how much he cost…

1 Like

He’s the antithesis to what I thought we were getting.

Lacks intensity, drive and the requisite mentality. Looks like we’ve been finessed and Napoli dodged a 50 cal bullet.

4 Likes

If you cost 70M that makes you worse than someone on a free transfer or less than 70M

You have to work player inflation though. Veron cost 30m in 2002 was it? Andy Carroll for 35m before the market blew up and Torres for 50m were howlers worse than this.

Xhaka also cost 38m or so. Mustafi cost 35m. Pepe has done better than them at least.

1 Like

Remember when the rumour was he turned down Klopp because he wasn’t guaranteed first team football. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yup, so Vieira was shite because he only cost 3.5 million…

You don’t understand :man_facepalming:

ok, so you were the one who stated because he cost so much…but i don’t understand…ok…

1 Like

What a knob

Should be fined to let his personal agenda take priority over team’s

Such a careless cunt

All that promise at the end of last season gone to shit

1 Like

It was soft but I just don’t understand why do it ? Why lean in with your head at all ? If it goes to VAR you know what will happen.

1 Like

He was a complete idiot on the red. Could be born of frustration though because he can’t be happy here.
He doesn’t look good enough though. Don’t think he will be a player that haunts us if he leaves. He’s just not very good. Blame the Xg.

2 Likes

What does Viera have to do with it lol. I don’t understand. He wasn’t a flop who cost 70M?

He was shit at the end of last season too.

Funny you should say that. People online, who are part of the analytics community, were not, (at least from what I saw) really fans of Pepe.

2 Likes

Going by this quote, if you pay more money, then by rights they should be a better player…

Just saying, that that is bollocks…Vieira was 3.5 million…thats all…

No. If you pay that for someone you expect him to be world class.

This has nothing to do with Viera costing 3 million

Yes it has…If you paid 3.5 million are you saying that you did not expect him to be world class…Because, he was…Money is not the players fault, its the clubs / agents who decide the figure…Money alone does NOT decide the quality of the player…