Nicolas Pépé

I have no objections to that word.

That’s to straight forward for Arteta he’d rather play Willian up front and leave two strikers on the bench and the other one on the wing.

He is just coming across as extremely arrogant lol why does he think he’s found gold putting Willian up front when better managers than him have never done it

Lmao Calum ur the most Fairweather fan of any sport i think I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing :joy::joy::joy::joy: never change my dood :+1::+1::heart::heart::heart:

Playing Lacazette a striker up front is fine.

Playing Willian a past it winger is not.

1 Like

I’ve been telling y’all how stubborn and arrogant Arteta is and how it would effect us in other ways. At first it was yay what a hard man Arteta is by kicking Özil and Guendo out of the team this is the cUlTuRe change we needed! And now this stubborn arrogant bastard is so fucking up his own ass he’s playing Willian as a false 9 :joy::joy:

I’ve agreed with all that. Özil is done and Guen isn’t anything special.

Not playing a striker away to a poor City team with no KDB is arrogance. A vanity project

Well ur wrong, Özil is better creatively and technically than 95% of our squad and Guendo is a far superior player to Xhaka in every measurable aspect. The running theme tho here is Arteta being a dumb shit and making decisions based upon his ego rather than whats right for the team.

And in regeard to Guendo the kid is 22 and still has plenty of room to grow. Xhaka who’s the finished product, and a shit finished product at that, gets to play every match. I mean if that doesn’t show u the level of delusion that Arteta has I dunno what will.

2 Likes

A bit much lol

I dunno man, getting a look into how Arteta runs things I think its fair to say the dood is a piece of shit.

Fair enough. I appreciate that.

I’ve just never been comfortable with name-calling our managers. Whether it was Graham, Houston, Wenger or Emery. Just didn’t sit right with me

2 Likes

Pepe isn’t worth what we paid, but I think he’d do a lot better under a manager like Arsene than the rigid style of Emery and Arteta.

1 Like

Fantastic goal tonight, give him the ball within that 18 yard box and he’s capable of magic like that.

Appropriate commentary on this video :grin::

Outside of the goal he worked hard but his touch on the run, and passes, weren’t always coming off and it meant our moves broke down often, but I think the more he starts the better for his confidence. The less said about his corners, the better.

3 Likes

That goal was class it shows what he can do and has at his disposal. but he needs to do it more often and against sterner opposition

2 Likes

The work Pepe’s been putting in on his weaker foot is starting to pay off. A goal on his right foot with minimal back lift.

I await the day that he goes past his man on the outside and sends a precision cross off the right peg :pray:

3 Likes

Had about 4 false dawns with Nico already, thinking that a goal would kick start his Arsenal career.

I’m hoping now for the 5th time that he pushes on from here

11 Likes

It won’t help if Arteta fucking benches him again, he needs a consistent run otherwise each goal will continue to be a false dawn he doesn’t push on from.

9 Likes

I agree. He really just needs a stretch of games to feel like he’s been given justice on his part if he doesn’t still doesn’t kick on.

Part of my (or I assume moreso our) frustration of it all is that he’s consistently not in the team yet it’s not like any of those who are being played in his position week in and week out are exactly doing much to justify their place either.

I might be completely wrong here and I know the sample is small so early into the season but it already feels like Diogo Jota is getting more involvement at Pool when his competition are two of the best wingers in world football today!!

5 Likes

I feel like playing in the Europa league isn’t really doing much for his development here, he’s been exceptional a couple of times in this shit competition but no one cares because it’s a mickey mouse cup. Which is fair enough I suppose.

1 Like

Unless Arteta feels the same about Pepe as he does about Ozil then he should be starting more games in the PL.
For 70m we really should be looking at a player that can at least hold down a first team place rather than just a few cameos and the Europa League.

He doesn’t look a bad player and, with so few options with our attacking midfield, why isn’t he getting more games?

We’ve spent 100m on Pepe and Saliba to sit on the bench and 350k a week for Ozil, who can’t even get on it.

You would think our first team is stacked full of world class players the way we leave them out.

4 Likes

Willian is healthy again. Pepe going back to the bench for sure. :facepalm:

1 Like