Nicolas Pépé

Im sorry but I cant trust people who deliberately spits at children in their sparetime.

3 Likes

Anti Pepe = Pro spitting at children.

Degenerates.

4 Likes

Pepe should play LW every single game I don’t understand why we have gone back to him on the right with Auba back on the left. It was where he found form in recent times.

4 Likes

I don’t understand why we’ve went back to Auba as a winger at all, he’s absolutely garage there.

7 Likes

Against West Ham, Laca was on form and Arteta had to play Auba back to form so he played them together again.
Against Liverpool, he was there to target TAA.

Yeh these are garbage decisions that obviously didn’t work.

1 Like

I mean there was a moment in the Liverpool game (1st half) where Pepe managed to square off a sweet ball in the centre of the penalty box but there was no one there because 1) We had no runners and 2) Lacazette was busy running into the keeper. With normal players that’s an assist for Pepe.

I know it’s a singular moment but don’t think it’s a lost cause yet.

He won’t go back to it. He may give it a try again when Saka and ESR are back fit, if he gets desperate.

The fact he even thinks it’s an option concerns me. Auba and Lacazette together is the opposite of whatever liquid football is.

True, he’s very useful on the wing for car storage

If we’re going to do it at all (which we shouldn’t now), it needs to be in a back three again. That way the wing backs can cover the sides and Aubamayang isn’t asked to track back. Whenever we were successful with him on the left, it tended to be with a back three where he wasn’t asked to do anything defensively and could basically come inside and act as a second striker. It simply can’t work outside of that formation in my view and he has to pick one of Aubameyang or Lacazette now, its clear. You’d think it would be an easy decision that when you give a player 350k a week you’d look to play him in his proper position, but apparently not.

2 Likes

It worked well before. They complement each other very nicely. Those two together and Ramsey carried Emery in his first season.

Last season Auba-Laca-Pepe won us the FA Cup and they were lethal together.

Unfortunately, Arteta decided to ruin that for Willian early in the season and now it’s hard to go back to it with Auba’s bad form.

If Arteta wants to try that again he should look no further than Martinelli. He can emulate Auba’s role as an inside forward perfectly.

Edit: Good point from @Great-White-Gooner about it being used in a 3atb too. Ainsley, Saka and Tierney took the load off Aubameyang so he can exploit the space Laca made him.

1 Like

I’m not even going to change it, blokes a full on car hole out there.

1 Like

Silverbasque

2 Likes

Niiiiiico!

Pepino showing Lacazette how to finish. Auba showing Lacazette how to hold and link up.

Epic move.

9 Likes

Both promptly banished for the crime of performing well for arsenal football club

4 Likes

Clutch Nico once again showing up.
Assist to Laca v West Ham. Made the chance that got us the penalty against Spurs.

2 Likes

My agenda has the night off.

Well played Pepe, well played.

2 Likes

Clutch Nico assisting Slavia.
Fuck me, I’m out.