Nicolas Pépé

We expend transfer fee, wages on a player as well as gametime of someone else.

If Player A cost us 12m, 100k per week, didn’t perform, played for the club for 3 seasons, Player A is a flop.

If Player B cost us 40m, 150k per week, didn’t perform, played for the club for 3 seasons, Player B is a flop.

Player B is a bigger flop because we also lost tons of money on top of time and some other players’ gametime, compared to Player A.

I don’t know why I bother to explain in such a long post when it is obvious.

2 Likes

Pepe will look better in a team that plays well. He’ll improve once Arteta turns things round.

1 Like

Thank fuck someone understands

1 Like

In contention for Worst pound for pound signing we’ve ever made and it’s not like we’re lacking choice either

Hasn’t turned good after a shit start

Still shit and stupid

Arteta basically threw him to the wolves in the post-match interview

3 Likes

He’s never playing for him again. Truthfully he has never fancied him. This is a great excuse for him lol

Pepe will outlast Arteta, no doubt about it.

He’s calm lol

1 Like

Arteta will probably have some things to say to Pepe in person and I hope Pepe’s response doesn’t fuck things up further.

To be real Arteta lets the team down every week.

It was dumb but he shoudn’t be scapegoated for how shit we are.

3 Likes

Sign of a young and inexperienced manager here

1 Like

Yeah to some degree Pepe bails out Arteta b/c he can blame him and going down a man for the performance, but FFS we were terrible for the first 51 minutes too.

Arteta deserves to be angry. There was bare minimum altercation for Pepe to react like that.
Every player knows about the implication of a headbutt (no matter the extent) and presence of VAR.

As I said before Pepe reacted selfishly and took down rest of the team.

4 Likes

aRtEtA iS bUiLdInG aN eLiTe culture :joy::clap:

3 Likes

Arteta let the team down more by being a shithouse coach

5 Likes

He has been poorly managed since arriving but the guy really doesn’t do himself any favors.

He’ll miss the next few matches anyway but I’m basically at the point where I’d rather see Nelson and/or Smith-Rowe get chances.

1 Like

Honestly don’t mind the passion, even if it did cost us.

Pepe head butting really isn’t our issue.

Our issue is that we play like Arteta played as a player - handbrake on.

We need to get Partey back in; back ourselves with 4 at the back, and play Nelson on the wing.

As for Pepe, he’ll be right.

4 Likes

Probably the first time he’s acted like an experienced manager, blame the players to cover up bad planning.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Nicolas Pépé’s red card means he will miss the North London Derby.

Tottenham are expected to appeal the decision.

10 Likes

How much would we get for him if we sold him tomorrow ? Starting to look astonishing that we paid 70 million quid.