Nicolas Pépé

You had to do me like that, didn’t you?
In my defense, that was when we learned it was happening. We were all going crazy at the thought of us somehow getting him. He was arguably one of the hottest forwards available that summer.

5 Likes

It was without question painted as a coup.

Maybe people had concerns about the fee, but at the time it was reported as a huge win in the market.

We’ve all been there.

2 Likes

I hope so too, as it’ll be painful to see him do well elsewhere after seeing him flop here while Arsenal struggled for goals generally during his spell at the club.

1 Like

Will go the way of Auba, who similarly applied egg to the face of M.Arteta with his subsequent performances

Can see him going back to Lille on loan to refind his form

1 Like

No chance, they can’t afford him.
Wouldn’t be shocked if Lille get relegated next season.

The sad reality is that we got fooled by one season in which his numbers were fluky and also elevated by scoring nine penalties. He was nothing special before that one season in France and he’s been nothing special since.

He has played six professional seasons and only produced at a high level in one of them. And we paid 72m based on that one season.

1 Like

We’ll be paying his wages no matter where he goes imo. Wish it had ended differently.

Yep, if anything that season was an outlier and this is likely who he really is.

People thinking he will leave and show anyone up are probably in for a rude awakening, will be frustrating and inconsistent wherever he ends up

4 Likes

I assure you he won’t amount for much in his career and we won’t regret his departure one bit.

Look at his competition during his time here - Willian, Saka, Martinelli, ESR & Nketiah.
If Pepe was any good, he would have easily fended that bunch of rivals off

1 Like

I’m not very worried about the prospect, truth be told.

2 Likes

Theres about 10 other guys he’s failed with, guys that could have helped this squad.

4 Likes

Another player ahead of Pepe added. :sob:

I don’t want to see any more posts in this thread unless it’s someone posting an article saying he’s about to get sold

1 Like

Suck it.

4 Likes

I was going to post in here about what a solid dude @Cristo is and how much he contributes to the forum. But I guess I can’t. What a shame.

2 Likes

well let’s just rename the thread to my appreciation thread, would have more relevance then at least

1 Like

I’m sorry my friend. Your first post asking for no more updates in here is being considered a legally binding contract. We’ll have to lock the thread now.

3 Likes

Compromise. Lock the thread and rename it as requested.

4 Likes