NFL

Tom Brady man. It was strange them kicking it at 4th

You have to give Rodgers a shot at it in that scenario. Field goal call was ridiculous.

2 Likes

Are the chiefs likely to go back to back ?

Hard to tell, their offense hasn’t been the juggernaut it once was and their defense has always been mediocre, dont think they are nailed on favorites.

QB playing at an MVP level, Number one offence and number one Redzone offence AND there’s a SB appearance on the line?

You go for that, you put that in Rogers hands. There are no guarantees in the NFL especially when you’re playing again the GOAT!

Rogers is pissed, he knew that was a great opportunity. LaFleur’s cred is tainted after this

1 Like

IF Brady wins this SB, he goes to a level of accomplishment we’ve never seen before. My goodness this man cannot be stopped

1 Like

He almost blew it tho the defense carried him through, 3 picks on 3 straight possessions…

1 Like

Ah so what you’re telling me is Brady wasn’t the MVP of the match ? You wouldn’t know it by the media carry on in Australia.

It was a slightly above average performance against the number 1 seeded team but no other QB is taking this Bucs team to the SB.

The defence was the main reason they won though but the clock management on offence was good and the 3rd down conversions were key. Also important to remember Brady is 43!

I’m just glad Brady isn’t doing this with the Patriots. Never could stand them. But would love to see him win one in Tampa. Enjoying the decline if the Patriots this season.

Not a Packers fan, but damn that coach screwed up. Should’ve given Rodgers the ball. Should be a good SB though.

1 Like

No other QB is taking them to the SB?

Wouldn’t say that tbh, Tampa are a loaded team. Brady almost gifted the Packers the game multiple times.

Have to disagree. Bruce Arians was never getting to a SB in year two with anybody else other than Brady, he said it himself he lets Brady coach the offence basically whilst he stands back.

The Bucs roster was talented last year when didn’t even make the playoffs but the likes of AB, Gronk and Fournette joined on cheap deals specifically because of Brady, even then assembling talent in itself is no guarantee of success in the NFL.

Even if his stat line isn’t impressive he delivered killer throws for chunk plays and 3rd down conversions against GB without Antonio Brown. So much of Brady’s success in TB is changing the mentality and culture of the franchise overnight to win now mode just through his past legacy.

2 Likes

Jamies is Jameis though.

If you’re talking about him being able to recruit AB, Gronk etc because of who he is then OK but if you put those guys on the roster Mahomes, Watson, Rodgers couldn’t take them to the SB as well? No doubt he’s one of the very few but I’m doubtful whether he’s the only one that could do it.

And I read Arians has been saying that but I see it as PR guff to an extent as it downplays the impact of dudes like Leftwich etc, Tampa are still in the mold of an Arians offence and Brady’s early struggles acclimatising is proof of that.

imo no, take Green Bay this season where Rogers has been performing at an MVP level all year on a talented roster with continuity of top coaching, if he couldn’t get to a SB this year there’s no way he’s doing with a less talented Bucs team under Arians.

Watson is very talented but doesn’t take this team to the SB in one year either, he hasn’t shown an ability to overcome poor coaching and dysfunctional management yet.

Mahomes is a fair shout but it’s important to note that Mahomes is paired with an elite coach and offensive mind in Andy Reid, Arians or Leftwich was never seen as elite coaches/playcallers, it likely Brady is doing a lot of the scheme work on the field and behind the scene.

The issue with TB12 is that he’s completely skewed what success looks like in the NFL, it not normal to have a 43 year QB making his 10th SB appearance without a elite coach like Belichick. Getting to a SB is hard, Brady makes it look easy

2 Likes

How is this Bucks team less talented than the Packers? And is it really top coaching when you choke when it matters most? Kicking a FG on 4th down is unforgivable. LaFluer showed who he was with that play call.

And Watson hasn’t shown that when looking at the season he’s just had?

I agree with him taking what success means like to another level but still don’t think he’s the only one that could take that team to the Superbowl.

Let not ignore the regular season. By most metrics, GB certainly had the more talented offence. Even on paper, the Bucs were never even more talented than the Saints in their own division on both sides of the ball.

LaFluer is a good coach and I agree with your take on the 4th down but his whole season body of work indicates he’s an above-average coach with a fresh scheme, certainly an upgrade on McCarthy.

Watson has had a good year but he hasn’t shown much in the playoffs so far. Hard to say he can elevate a team to a SB

1 Like

At the end of the day, Brady, at 43, in his first year, has won as many NFC championships as Rodgers and Brees.

Those 2 were in this conference their entire careers. When it comes to playoff time, some guys perform, some guys don’t.

And Brady is consistently excellent in those situations.

It doesn’t matter if he is the only one that could have done it, he is the only one that DID do it.

1 Like

FFS lol

It actually not fair :joy:

Can’t stand this slobbering over Brady lol

Hope Mahomes and co down him in the SB, Chiefs all the way.

2 Likes

Would love to see the Chiefs go two in a row. Can’t stand Brady or the Bucks.

I agree with @Electrifying on the above discussion, yes you could imagine Rodgers or any elite QB doing what Brady has done, but the point is they haven’t and Brady has.