NFL

I chose my team based on who I like in hockey, but don’t follow them whatsoever (eagles) is everyone in this thread US based, is it the biggest sport in the country still or has basketball or baseball caught up?

Football is still the most popular sport in America by far. It annoys me because the games last 4 hours. I’m not an avid fan but I keep track of the team in my city, LA Rams. Don’t even know what they did in the draft either, don’t care all that much tbh :joy::joy:

3 Likes

They did quite well in the draft. Shit logo remains a problem haha. Happily you don’t care though :wink:

1 Like

This venue is going to be amazing when it opens! Probs will be the best multipurpose venue in the world for years

1 Like

@sevchenko the 2 young kings of football :giroud2:

3 Likes

I just saw something on Twitter about season tickets and started down a rabbit hole on The Raiders move to Las Vegas. Mad how that whole moving a franchise all works.

1 Like

If you think that’s insane, you should watch this. My granddad still talks about the Colts sneaking out of the city in the middle of the night.

EDIT: Also, if you do watch, don’t worry. That’s how people in Baltimore speak, they have not all suffered horrific brain injuries. Our accents are really like that.

2 Likes

:rofl:

Football is still the biggest. In terms of pro sports and TV ratings, it goes NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS and so on. I don’t know how MLB is second in terms of TV ratings. I follow the Phillies, but I mostly watch highlights. I’ll try and watch more during playoffs only. I do miss going to a game - a bit like cricket as it’s the overall experience that makes it.

For me in terms of American sports it College Basketball, College Football, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB in terms of TV. Live my prefernce is College Baketball, NHL, MLB, NBA, NFL and College Football.

Football games are long, but I rarely just watch the game when it’s on. The length I think is doable since there are so few games and you usually watch it with friends and family and make an afternoon or evening of it.

I don’t watch any American sports as often as I used to since living in England. Not keen to stay up super late. Anything on BT/ESPN or other sports channels I get will get recorded. Just watched the Flyers win their series that way. Glad as least one Philly team currently in the playoffs is doing the job. Looking forward to seeing how the Eagles get on this season, but I think the NFL is in for a rude awakening if they don’t have multiple plans in place regarding covid. It was a horrid start to the MLB season with Miami.

1 Like

They made fucking hard work of it that’s for sure. Montreal really stepped up. Flyers went full Italy mode and played down to their opponents.

1 Like

1 Like

Now that this is finished, you think we can get some money please?!

Fuck me look at those screens.

3 Likes

No wonder he doesn’t give a shit about Arsenal, I wouldn’t either lol

2 Likes

It looks cool but 5bn on a stadium is deranged.

Sweet gonna have to go check this out!

Just got my NFL gamepass and getting ready for Lions v Bears.

Could do with a little less politics though, they fucking ram it down your throat in the most cheesy manner possible.

Still, it’s gonna be fun.

1 Like

How about them Cowboys!

1 Like

Cowgirls.

Fucking skysports. They never show the Eagles when they play early. I don’t want to pay for yet another sports services. Sports TV in the UK is absolute bullshit.

2 Likes

Heard the NFL broadcasters are going to over do it across all games in Week one then afterwards completely cut the pregame anthems/displays from broadcast.

@k1tsun3 I prefer American TV coverage compared to the dry slop they serve at BBC/Sky Sports

1 Like