Newcastle vs Arsenal (Premier League)

Newcastle vs Arsenal

Premier League
St James’ Park
Sunday 11 August, 14:00
SkySports

The season’s back! We start our campaign with an away trip to St James’ Park, where we hopefully will pick up our first three points.

Regarding team selection, there’s some uncertainty over Lacazette’s availability, he got a knock during the Emirates Cup game. Unai said the following last night: "Hopefully he could be available for the match against Newcastle. The doctors, they are optimistic. We are going to wait. The next days are going to be very important to see how he is going to progress with his injury.

It also remains to be seen if Pepe is fit enough to join the match-day squad. We’ll know more in a couple of days surely.

With that in mind, what team selection would you choose? And what will be the result?

What will be the outcome?

• Newcastle win
  • Draw
  • Arsenal win

0 voters

Here’s some classic stuff vs the Toon

What’s left to say? Bergkamp.

Vieira’s strike

Last season’s away win at Newcastle

4-4-Fuck

Anyway, roll on Sunday… COYG!!!

7 Likes

1 Like

Going for a 2-2 draw, we rarely win our first game, we rarely win away and we can’t defend. Aubameyang brace.

4 Likes

A scrappy win for our season opener I feel. Don’t care how we win, the three points will do.

1 Like

Would like to see some first XI predictions in this thread.

Take a point gladly. Think we will be the better side but it’s going to take a time for this team to settle.
Having to hope for some individual skill than a collective effort im thinking.
Think we get punished with this defence under any sort of pressure. 2 2.

1 Like

Hoping for a 1-2 win but with our away record and terrible defence you never know lol

Leno, AMN, Chambers, Sokratis, Kolasinic, Willock, Cabellos, Guendouzi, Özil, Aubameyang, Nelson

We play Mustafi - we lose
We don’t play Mustafi - we maybe win or draw

I can’t see us winning. By all accounts we haven’t looked good defensively during pre-season and we haven’t actually signed a defender we can play so going into the new season with our two of our three better defenders being unavailable (Holding and Kos) means we’re going to see Mustafi or Chambers (it’s a pick 'em for who’s worse at CB).

I’m going with @Aussiegooner here and predicting a score draw.

5 Likes

How about you get on with that baking, and stop making predictions! :stuck_out_tongue:

Had to push it back to Tuesday unfortunately… but it’s coming I promise :sweat_smile:

I’ll go with

Leno
AMN-Sokratis-Umtiti-Tierney
Ceballos-Torreira
Pepe-Ozil-Coutinho
Auba

6 Likes

I’m gunna miss this :cry: apparently my unborn child’s family gathering/shower is more important!?..

Gunna predict a win for sure 3 = 1 to Arsenal.

1 Like

Newcastle are likely to be involved in a relegation battle this season.

If we don’t win, we’ll look back on this as points being dropped.

Need to put a big fucking nail into this shit away form’s coffin. 3-1 win, come on you cunts

6 Likes

They’ve got a shit squad and a shit manager anything less than 3 points is unacceptable.

Our away record has to change this season and so does our defensive solidity. As shit as our defenders are, a better system will at least save us 10 goals a season.

1 Like

Newcastle away is my annual away game. It’s usually a W for us. I’m expecting another. We’ll win 4-2.

Didn’t we kick-off the season there before, in recent times? Was a dull 0-0 IIRC.

--------------------Leno------------------
AMN—Chambo—Papa—Kola
--------Torreira--------Dani-----------
PEA--------------Özil------------Pepe
--------------------Laca------------------

This what I would do, trying to shoehorn in our absolute best players. Realistically tho Laca is injured and I doubt we’ll risk him, Pepe just got back from holiday and hasn’t even had a preseason match to get up to speed, and Torreira played in the summer and also just returned. So after having to choose a lineup based upon our available options, I have become a bit more worried. Especially considering we are stuck with Xhaka until Emery starts to fear for his job. If we stuck Xhaka on the bench I’d be much more confident. So here’s what we will probably see.

--------------------Leno-----------------
AMN—Chambo—Papa—Kola
--------Ceballos------Xhaka--------
Miki---------------Özil--------Nelson
---------------------Auba-----------------

No way we see a Xhaka- Ceballos double pivot. Surely Emery is not that insane.

Who is he gonna put back there then? Willock, Guendouzi? I only say Ceballos and Xhaka because Dani us supposed to be our Ramsey replacement and wasn’t Emery putting Xhaka and Ramsey back there as a partnership?