Newcastle vs Arsenal (PL) (FFFFUUUUUUCCCKKKK)

Expect a response after last night’s game. It’s Newcastle’s last home game of the season but we should be winning these games. If we can’t win here we aren’t good enough for champions league!

There’s being worried and then there’s @Bl1nk cat.

No way we lose this

4 Likes

What I do think we have going for us here is that Newcastle had. A huge effort earlier in the season to get themselves out of relegation trouble and that was always the immediate objective so they could build for the future. That task is accomplished and I’m not sure they’re playing with the same focus or quality they were even a few weeks ago.

:crossed_fingers: we need every little advantage we can get in these last 2 games.

1 Like

Won’t be able to watch this as travelling back. This is the most important game of the season. Absolute must win. At least if we lost vs Tottenham we had the security of the one point lead still.

Cmon Burnley. Pull a wee upset

1 Like

I’ll ask this question again.

1 Like

It all sounds horrendous lol. Praying Gabriel makes it.

That’s one night of Dublin survived. Well done :smiley:

1 Like

You can’t win mate. The club has got majority of this fan base expectations that low that a large majority consider 5th place open bus top parade worthy.

Managers being awarded contract extensions, likewise squad players. It’s job done already according to a large portion.

1 Like

You know this how?

2 Likes

The general consensus seems to be the development of young players has already made the season a success. Hell our manager has already been awarded with 5.5 years of contracts despite not yet qualifying for the Champions League.

One of our posters on here that regularly attends games said the Emirates was largely upbeat about the renewal.

Who carried this out?

2 Likes

Did you read the 2nd paragraph ? @The_Invincibles I think was the poster from memory that 2nd it was a real upbeat feel at the ground regarding Arteta’s extension at the season being a success.

I read your 2nd paragraph.

In no way does a feel good factor around arteta signing a new contract correlate to Arsenal fans being content with a 5th place finish and us all wanting an open top bus parade.

1 Like

You’d think if the fans weren’t happy with the season more unrest would be about regarding the extension.

Tbh I personally don’t understand why we acted so early regarding the extension, he was still contracted for next season. I don’t think 8th/ 8th / 4th/5th lands him a bigger club than Arsenal at this point.

I’m just praying we win this, I’ll consider the season a success if we qualify for the CL. Although we’re still light years away from challenging the top 2.

1 Like

Are you going to this one @DavidHillier ?

1 Like

There is a definite upbeat feeling at the Emirates, for the majority of this season the team has done well at home, fans in the ground are therefore largely positive.

The club would have made Arteta’s targets for this season to be back in Europe and to be competing for top 4 - he has delivered that.

The contract extension gives stability, when we are signing new players in the Summer, it does make a difference having a manager on the last year of his contract when you want them to buy into the “project” vs also being on a long term contract. A contract doesn’t mean he stays till the end of it, look at Mourinho, Conte, Blanc, Nuno and 100s of other managers that get sacked all the time mid contract.

@Bilalkhan_01 @Ashgooner1 @YJYUX

Worried.

No dude. Its a Monday night. Any weekend fixture and I’d have tried to get a ticket.

“Tried” being the operative word. The last away game of the season is just as coveted as the last home game.

1 Like

Good news