Newcastle United

But they have also made a couple of big sells (Lukaku, Gueye) and do they offer comparative wages to attract the ‘top’ players? Because looking at who they actually buy I think that is where they are not like Chelsea or City. That 450 million number looks like an extraordinary amount, but doesn’t paint the whole picture.

@sevchenko I think they will work around FFP like City and Etihad (even though they are being punished right now).

1 Like

Just Aussie getting in early so he can quote this post in 2024 telling us all how right he was yet again

1 Like

Yea that’s all fair and yes Everton have been extraordinarily wasteful. But that was kind of my point also. Not one I made that clearly mind.

Well at least he’d be appreciated there. And give it a few years, they’ll be finishing above us

Agreed, it’s already happening with “USM” Finch Farm, new shirt sponsor next season and £30m deal just to have the option of naming rights to their new ground :roll_eyes:

They have to get popped by UEFA at this rate, it all hinges on the City decision.

1 Like

Why not just bid £300mil and £1

2 Likes

@Trion @BigWeng_4LYFE @Leper

2 Likes

:smile:

4 Likes

Got to give a bit of recognition to Steve Bruce here. Everyone myself included slated the appointment last summer but he’s done a fantastic job. So fair play to him.

4 Likes

I can’t back it up but pretty sure I said somewhere that at a minimum he’d keep them up. He’s good at it.

1 Like
3 Likes

Newcastle have a thread in here? :eyes::eyes:

Just think of all their fans who had the Saudi flag in their Twitter handle :joy::joy:

7 Likes

They pulled out because of lack of patience!? Show you how much they really “cared” about the club or city.

I guess fans don’t care their club is a show tool if it means money for transfers

Either that, or they were informed that they would fail the ‘fit and proper’ test, and given the opportunity to stand down without any bad PR.

They must be absolutely sick right now.

How many more times will this happen to them?
Killer.

Haven’t they got an alternative buyer waiting.

LOL! As if Saudi Arabia didn’t have enough bad PR already. Fuck them. Fucking sickening how clubs clamour to suck on the oil tit.

1 Like

I’d suck on that tit like I’m drowning and it’s my only source of oxygen :slight_smile: