Newcastle United

Excuses, he’s ducking getting slapped at home by Brentford.

So that’s 20 players if including substitutes.

That sounds miserable. If I’m on a Zoom meeting for more than 20 minutes I’m already got a second window open looking at Transfermarkt or something similar.

4 Likes

How many players do you reckon Newcastle will bring in January?
Any specific names in your mind?

I’m honestly expecting a bit of a clown show myself. I think many top players will reject them and some bang average ones will get themselves a big time contract and not deliver.

I don’t think this is going to be the big rise of Newcastle some people are saying.
We’ll see some investment, maybe like what happened at Everton, but nowhere near what Chelsea and Man City have seen.

The new owners don’t seem to have much of a plan and if Eddie Howe is the best they can come up with, to lead them to glory, then they’re not going to be anywhere near being an elite level club.

I think Howe is a good appointment for where they are right now. And if they are smart they will let him bring in a few of his own players in Jan instead of chasing players they can’t get and also while they set themselves up better behind the scenes. Pragmatism right now will go a long way in the future for them I reckon.

5 Likes

Yes please. We might get big fees for likes of Nelson and Nketiah :grin::money_mouth_face:

Think they’ll be more interested in Leno, Holding, Chambers and Maitland-Niles.

Don’t think anyone will be interested in any of those scrubs to be honest

1 Like

For me if I was them I’d arget Tarkowski and Wood from Burnley.
Two good enough players and weaken a rival. Maybe look at someone like Origi at Liverpool.

2 Likes

You underestimate the levels of petty dick measuring these gulf oilagarchs (see what I did there) get into.

MBS is the wealthiest of all of them so he can’t not have the biggest dick.

1 Like

I take your point but we have an owner who is one of the richest businessmen in the world but never invested a penny when he first came here.

Instead he ran the club into the ground and then realised, too late, what a mess it was and then started investing.

Also, despite his money, he is absolutely useless when it comes to running a football club and his decision making has been clueless.

I’m not sure the Newcastle owners are going to be much different.

Oh there’s a huge difference. American billionaire’s are huge cheapskates. They get and stay rich by using other peoples money whether it be investors or government funds. Kroenke screwing the NFL owners association is one such example.

From first hand experience I can tell you the gulf owners have no qualms with wasting money if it boosts their profile.

Just a side note, few years ago I met a couple guys in Doha that were telling me they were brokering the Newcastle deal on behalf of some unnamed Arab billionaire. Didn’t put too much stock into it because who the hell would want Newcastle. Had no idea it would be the future king of KSA.

2 Likes

Tarkowski out of contract in the summer

Andreas Christensen out of contract in the summer

Lingard would help take the burden of AsM

Diaz would be more useful at top then jolinton.

2 Likes

They MIGHT go for Lacazette, as his contract is up soon…

Lingard would be good but Christensen is being linked to top clubs

They do need defenders, and full backs & RW

Also I hate to see Willock has totally tanked, shame.

Elneny may be a decent shout for them too

Their seems to be alot off quality CB and central midfielders out off contract in the summer but went for Christensen due to having prem experience.

But yeah their defence is a shambles but Carnt install a new one straight away in January take to long to embed.
Hopefully willock comes good under Howe.

You could even say there’s a massive Gulf.

9 Likes

Yeah, he’s one of the candidates to get a massive contract out of this situation.

The club executed that transfer perfectly. I give Edu a lot of credit for not falling into the trap.

2 Likes