Newcastle United

Me? Never!

PS Up The Villa!

:unamused::unamused:

Almost every successful club in the PL has had success because of their spending.
The only clubs to buck that trend are Leicester and us, and even we outspend a lot of other clubs.

The correlation between spending and success is clear but as long as their profit is from revenue generated by supporters, rather than dodgy oil company owners laundering their money, then that’s fine.

But there are no prizes or trophies for being the most moral or self sustaining club, so if an Arsenal supporting, unscrupulous dodgy businessman wanted to buy us, and spend loads of his money on us, I wouldn’t mind seeing what that’s like.

Unfortunately, we actually have unscrupulous dodgy businessman, is there any other kind, running our club but he is neither a supporter or massive investor when it comes to us.

We are one of the tightest top European clubs, when it comes to player investment, with some of the most uninspiring and boring transfer windows of any top European club.
I would just like to know what it’s like to see world class players coming in, rather than leaving, and not scrabbling around in the bargain bucket endlessly haggling over average players.

It might not be taking the moral high ground but I don’t hear of many Chelsea or Man City supporters handing back their season tickets because their big spending owners are buying up all the best players and managers.

2 Likes

Wasn’t he famously only a million quid? i.e. nowhere near a record.

Who am I confusing him with…:thinking:

Must be Andy Cole, but Man U had won a couple of titles by then, so it negates my argument

Yea Cole was a record signing alright.

You’re right, he was a massive spender on world class players.
When Ferguson first went to Man U he broke all sorts of transfer records.
In his first season he bought a whole new midfield of Ince, Webb and Phelan and in the following seasons went on to buy two CB’s, Bruce and Pallister, who was a record for a defender and then continued almost every season buying up all the best players for record fees.

Keane was a British transfer record, so was Andy Cole and then Ferdinand, Rooney and Veron, in consecutive windows, all for 30m each, which is the equivalent of about 100m in today’s market.
Not only did he buy the best players, he stopped all the rival clubs getting them.

2 Likes

We take advertising money from them, I mean I think if you dig into any big company that sponsors anyone there are unsavory elements. However I’m talking about our respect as a club for the game. Clubs like PSG and City coming up with inventive ways to circumvent the actual rules in an all out obsession with winning, its actually counterproductive to the values of the game at it’s core. I’d much rather follow the rules, build a team within our means, and hold our head up high win or lose. Once again I think it’s been pretty well illustrated at this point that anything City wins is a hollow achievement at best.

1 Like

Like I said. Because Arsenal are already an established brand it will have less of an impact on the brand. Fuck that shit keeping your head high. The help in competing is just needed.

It aren’t regular companies. The actual governments of Rwanda and the UAE are giving Arsenal money.

1 Like

So are you now telling Ajax to fuck their famed philosophy as well and get a cunt in.

1 Like

Fans are gonna riot

Newcastle fucked?

Who would people prefer Rafa or Emery?

Was just about to tag you.

Rafa at the carpet, 2019. We move

1 Like

Maybe we should start a new thread. We could name it something like “who would have Rafa instead of Emery?”

1 Like

Emery is basically Rafa 15 years ago with greasy hair, no? :unai:

Sucks for Newcastle.

Good gif!

ezgif-2-62081799c51f

2 Likes

Aww I feel bad for Rafa and Newcastle.

Fuck Mike Ashley he’s a cunt, I feel guilty for buying my golf shoes from Sports Direct now

6 Likes

The fans have taken it well

3 Likes
1 Like

I’d like this. Newcastle as Arsenal’s guinea pig experiment. If Mikel Arteta succeeds then the Arsenal job is his when Unai leaves.

2 Likes