Newcastle United

Anyway we look at it then with current suggestions and options the promised land for them is a way off then.

Iā€™d suggest that Lampard is not much better than Arteta.

Wouldnā€™t want either managing my team.

Need to learn their trade more in a lower league. Maybe good in 5-10 years time.

1 Like

Arteta is at least one FA Cup final better than Lampard.

Brendan going to get out of Leicester before he leads them to a bottom half finish this season is he ?

2 Likes

Heā€™s committed to Leicester it seems. I think alot of top managers are going to wait to see how the new regime act in the first few months before risking a move there

2 Likes

Given how Rodgers has jumped ship to Liverpool and Leicester. I wouldnā€™t trust his words on anything lol. Newcastle probably isnā€™t the play though.

1 Like

He knows what heā€™s doing. He was right not to take the Spurs job. I reckon he fancies himself for the United job when they bin Ole.

But his stock is falling with Leicesterā€™s poor form and back to back bottle jobs for a top 4 finish.

3 Likes

My Mourinho-sense is tingling

Nah I think he is done with the PL. Couple of years at Roma then the Portugal team when Ronaldo is gone and wonā€™t be taking attention away from him there.

See I think theyā€™ve made a mistake in week one. Theyā€™ve already made it known Bruce is going but with nothing in place.
Thatā€™s not a great start for me. Could of just kept quiet on that front for now.

3 Likes

Get Keegan in.

Gets the fans on side, too.

(I say this only half jokingly)

1 Like

Iā€™m ready for drama :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

People who donā€™t know what their doing while fighting each other sounds like a recipe for disaster. Sounds like a job for Rangnick.

3 Likes

Iā€™m surprised you havenā€™t suggested Potter for this.
Do you not think he would fit this challenge?

1 Like

I like potter but I think heā€™d be a good head coach type to appoint after proper systems off the field have been set up and the club is stable. A whole new footballing identity needs to be created on the pitch with front office operations to facilitate that

Retaining Bruce and doing a bit of spending in Jan may be the best bet at this stage if goal of this season is basically to avoid relegation and regroup in the summer.

2 Likes

Bruce is out because it instantly gets fans even more on side.

Donā€™t think thereā€™s a way he survives this weekend.

Agreed. Think he keeps them up. What more would they want this season.

I always quite liked Slaven Bilic and donā€™t think he would be your worse shout in the short term.

I think short term might be the key, I always feel like he takes a job, has a great first year, terrible second year then gets a new job :sweat_smile: teams should figure this out and get him on 1 yr only deals.

1 Like

Its just set-up nicely for a Mourinho return of galactic proportions - you can visualise the madness if he came back :rofl:

1 Like