Newcastle United

Fuck off that was a thing :joy:

Amazing.

Not sure if that vindicates me not being on twitter much or makes me wish I spent more time on there.

2 Likes

Just shows how quickly people are willing to forgive human rights abuses or just don’t even care haha

As if I’d ever have the Chinese or Saudi flag in my bio :joy:

2 Likes

Now the Newcastle fans are blaming the FA and the PL, as if theirs fault that a murderous, totalitarian theocracy couldn’t stop pirating game only to spite another equally bad theocracy

1 Like

It’s quite funny that the human rights issue is secondary to a bit of dodgy national streaming.

116339282_10220788537600889_4463300688215972792_n

1 Like

Can someone explain to me what this BeIN sports Channel and Saudi pirating that channel has to do with anything and how it all links together?

Found this to be informative!

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll definitely have to give that a watch

I love all their explainer videos. Good to pop on when I’m doing laundry or the dishes…or in my more shameful moments, will put on noise canceling headphones to rock a teething baby to sleep. :xhaka2:

3 Likes

What a shit show. The failed takeover really hurt Newcastle fans

I get the frustrations though. Ashley has been so detrimental to a club with a fan base and a stadium like Newcastle have.

But the reality is, I’m so tired of what football is becoming that it’s becoming so hard to be optimistic about being a fan for so many more years. The super club era is taking its toll and it’s disheartening to know I’ll probably never seen the game as competitive as it was in my younger years because of the mega rich investment in some clubs.

5 Likes

This is an interesting time in the game now. People have been having these conversations for a while now.
Difference this time is they are not going too games. Getting out the routine and pondering these questions could be too the detriment of some clubs the longer this pandemic lasts. More so for the clubs who don’t challenge for much.

“During the period in which there was talk of the possible purchase of Newcastle by the Sheikh’s fund they called my agent, Alessandro Moggi," Immobile told Italian publication Corriere Dello Sport.

“I know they were also looking for an Italian coach, [Massimiliano] Allegri or [Luciano] Spalletti."

What could have been

1 Like

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

8 Likes

Anything to do with Leo gets a thumbs up from me. ASM best thing about this team!

2 Likes

North East = No career

2 Likes

I’ve just seen the list of favourites to be the next Newcastle manager and it’s almost the same as the list to be the next Celtic manager.

Benitez
Howe
Hughes
Lampard

How Hughes is mentioned in almost every job that comes up would suggest that most club owners no nothing about football.

There’s nothing you can do at Newcastle money wise.
Billic is the best they could do in this situation.

1 Like