Newcastle United

Good appointment for Newcastle.

:joy: :joy:

Will be ribbing my Newcastle mates savagely if this happens lol

Just heard of the news.

Good ebening!

Risky appointment but Emery is a great coach up to a certain level

I think if his English is better he’ll thrive, I honestly thought he was put off English football

They’re willing to pay a huge transfer fee for him too. :rofl:

Must have sent them a convincing powerpoint

TBH Villarreal to Newcastle is a slight downgrade

1 Like

Newcastle are still a shit team, so getting a coach of Emery’s calibre would be big. His career has been built on helping sides punch above their weight.

Tough brief given the position that Newcastle are in at the moment. If the money is good…

Yas go on Unai!

Emery vs Arteta again!

Hope he does better than he done in the spring

1 Like

Newcastle are the equivalent of a gold digger.

Newcastle before they had money:
Hello, would you like to come to Newcastle?

Top Manager/Player
No, clear off.
You’re a rubbish team, in a rubbish area, with rubbish weather.

Newcastle with rich owner:
Hello, would you like to come to Newcastle?

Top Manager/Player
Well hello there, you’re very attractive.

1 Like

Unai 2 wins in 11 this season at Villarreal, shows despite the unlimited money Newcastle need a while to improve their stance in the game.

They should consider themselves lucky if a manager with his CV is willing to join at this stage.

Wait, no…

Surely the manager’s the gold digger in that scenario :joy:

4 Likes

I think this could backfire spectacularly.

2 Likes

Interesting they prefer Emery at this stage.

Howe seems like the better choice imo, despite being relegated he did excellent work at Bournemouth with limited investment

3 Likes

If the limit of the quality of manager they are looking for comes down to Howe and Emery, I don’t see them challenging for the top four places.

When this takeover was announced I wasn’t too bothered as I don’t think they will be much of a threat, not even to us, and these managerial rumours aren’t doing much to change that.

Will come down to whether #NUFC are prepared to meet 49yo’s personal terms & pay the sort or money he was on at Arsenal. Compensation to Villarreal €6m

Pocket change for Saudis really.

No it’s the right way to start. Personally out of them 2 Howe is the better option.
Fans will take to him much easier and he’s a significant step up on Bruce.
It’s not drastic down at the bottom end yet for them and with a bit of money for January they are holding a significant advantage with those clubs.
Got to lay a foundation first and realise were you are first and foremost.
Infrastructure and DoF are the bigger issues too get in place.

6 Likes

I agree they should build slowly, like Man City did, but I think there are better options than Emery or Howe, with their financial backing.

Howe did a brilliant job at Bournemouth, with very limited resources, but could he do the same with the bigger name players that Newcastle will buy, with the pressure from more demanding supporters?
As for Emery, I think they should be aiming higher than him.

If the new owners are really serious, which I’m not sure they are, they could go for someone like Pochettino, who has the experience of dealing with big name players.

1 Like