Nacho Monreal

Interesting

1 Like

Seo needs to be shipped out ASAP

1 Like

Gosh the ad placements on that website

Are you negotiating for us now? :henry2:

Seems sensible for the time being, decent quality cover which doesnā€™t have to impede on reinforcements in this area either.

1 Like

Seo?

Thought that was his nickname? :thinking:

Edit: looking back Iā€™ve the only user been really using that term

whose nickname? :rofl:

1 Like

Kolasinac

Nacho cheese flavour Monreal :hearts: aka Mr. Consistent. Good news brothers.

1 Like

I actually call him Mr Skinned By Any Half Decent Winger :heart:

4 Likes

Smart move imhoā€¦ he adds depth and is useful enough and can slot in LB or CBā€¦ obviously shouldnā€™t be starting regularly, but that is different issueā€¦ Its too bad we didnā€™t pounce on Sessegnon or Chilwell - I reckon they would be expensive now.

2 Likes

I actually started typing a post saying virtually the exact same thing but couldnā€™t be bothered to press reply.

Happy with it. He is still our best LB.

Which says a lot about how poor our team is because heā€™s shot to pieces and shouldnā€™t be starting games for us.

2 Likes

My preference for clearing inadequate defenders out of the club would be Lichtsteiner, then Mustafi, then any of Jenkinson/Chambers/Koscielny for different reasons.

Monreal offers more than any of the above when also considering ability to stay fit and not being basically shot from career ending injuries. I think he can be relied on for squad depth for a while yet.

3 Likes

Monreal is finished, injury prone now and not the player he was 2-3 years ago. I can only hope heā€™s staying as depth on minimal wages.

2 Likes

Heā€™s been getting skinned by good wingers for a few seasons now itā€™s just that he chipped in with a few more goals last season so it masked that.

3 Likes

Can we just get it straight that he is an awful CB. Its an absolute myth he is an adequate option in that position.

We should never have seen him play CB for more than a game or two at a time, which would have been fine. I think thatā€™s always our problem with players playing out of position, we end up seeing them do it for far too long and the inevitable holes appear.

1 Like

Another one we are talking about keeping. Afraid he is another one thats finished. Looked shot to bits today.
Acknowledge his flick on for the goal and hope its a tactic we use again.

2 Likes