Nabil Fekir

we can afford him especially after the offload of a shittonne of wages :smile:

I’d take Houssem Aouar too. The kid is a baller

2 Likes

We have agent :laca: though :henry2:

people forget that is not transfer funds that has fucked us it is the wages…we will be getting rid of a lot this summer. Also transfers are rarely ever the whole lot of the transfer fee paid at once. A lot of the time a deal would be say for a 60m player it would be 20m up front and 4 installments of 10m. It hardily ever happens that a fee is paid all in one lot.

It doesn’t really matter though… the way it works from an accounting perspective is that the fee gets amortized over the life of the contract anyway… so basically it works like this:

Scenario: Arsenal buys Kylian Mbappe (the 11 year old one lol) for 10 million, signing him to a 5 year contract paying him 1 million per year

It hits the P/L as a 3 million per year hit for the 5 years… if he is sold or resigned before then, of course it gets a bit more complicated then.

I am sure there are odd exceptions to this and all sorts of crazy accounting machinations, but as far as expensing, transfers are an odd one… the way to look at it is that basically your last 4-5 years is the basis for expense from a player transfer contribution.

On the flip side, if you sell a player, I believe it counts against the books immediately as income that year (which can offset the amortization).

One other note - what is interesting about this is that it isn’t entirely clear what anyone means when they say we have “x” transfer budget - I am going to assume they are taking the layman’s definition to keep it simple (ie if you buy a player for a transfer fee of 50 million, it counts 50 million against that budget), but that isn’t at all how it hits the books or how the beancounters and shareholders look at it.

I think it’s more people don’t believe that. Because it’s not true.

2 Likes

I don’t think wages can be amortised?

They aren’t - it is 1 million per year applied to each year b/c that is what wages are - they are paid over time.

Only the transfer fee is amortized b/c it is paid up front.

Wonder if he’s still Liverpool bound?

cant see it, especially after how badly they fucked him about last time. Obviously cannot say definitely he wont go there but if he has any self respect he wouldnt.

Let’s hope not, it would be the final piece of Liverpool’s attacking puzzle.

How much Fekir would cost? Don’t think even that much.

i reckon you will still be looking at 50-60m for him because lyon dont fuck about and they make sure they get whatever they can out of their transfer fees.

1 Like

Not even that much, tbh.

1 Like

Sell Guendouzi to PSG for 60m and ask them to transfer it directly to Lyon so we can have Fekir. Easy

2 Likes

We just took a whole month to get a loan deal of 4 months done.

1 Like

Good point. I’d like to retract the super serious sentiments expressed in my previous post

6 Likes

You should become our DoF.

1 Like

You’re the one who gives out the job titles round here pal

9 Likes