John Monchi

I don’t understand your post

O John, save us from the hellfire (Mustafi and Xhaka.)

Smite those sinners lead us into the light.

LOOL wait till he meets the AFTV regulars crowding his car after a game

3 Likes

Come to us John we have banter. Lots of it.

1 Like

Can’t wait

4 Likes

Arsenal were supposed to make the club less dependant on the manager, but they are adapting the club towards Emery fully. And Arsenal goes full Spanish. Fuck this shit, really.

Knew you’d join us eventually. :slight_smile:

All because of his middle name shamo. Completes it perfectly :ok_hand:

The only relevant tie is that he and Emery have worked together in the past. Getting him on board doesn’t insinuate Emery’s contract being extended.

The positive spin is that the club look like they want to surround the upper echelons with footballing people rather than bald headed twats like Ivan the Baldest.

2 Likes

Not at work today so will probably spend it tracking flights from Rome to London #announcejohn

13 Likes

The only reason that we sign Monchi is because there is a link between him and Emery.

1 Like

Is he really part of the solution though? Roma fans seem to be delighted by his departure, sold Nainngolan, Salah, Paredes etc, and brought in mostly youngsters , some of them are promising, but we don’t have time for that here, we need proven players ready to fire up from the get go, and budget wise, I’d say we’re as limited as Roma, if the figures thrown about are legit.

I have reservations too but surely the board should receive credit for bringing in someone Emery has an excellent working relationship with?

They are backing thier manager by surrounding him with people who can enable Emery to thrive.

3 Likes

I feel the same. We should allow Unai to use his tools and give him every opportunity to succeed. Need to fully invest in him, not half heartedly.

Monchi has question marks over him but that’s predominantly because he arrived at a club that required him to sell players to meet FFP requirements.

He got some right and he got some wrong. Selling Radja and bringing in Zaniolo looks a masterstroke as does the arrival of talent like Under.

No matter how you look at it though Roma are a selling club and they’ve sold Salah, Alisson, Radja, Strootman, Parades in recent years so of course the club will suffer.

Either way Monchi is a better solution than some of the other names we have been linked to.

6 Likes

The whole point of this transition was not catering as much to a one single manager and build a strong foundation. Now they are doing exactly that.

1 Like

Romas plan is for the long-term anyways, and that’s what Monchi did with all those youth signings.

If they come good, they can at least sell for a huge amount.

They start building their new stadium later this year so that’s what they need to think about.

They signed a lot of 28-32 aged players in the past two years. Moreno, Olsen, Dzeko, Pastore, N’zonzi, Gonalons, Kolarov. I don’t like that young core if Justin Kluivert is one of the trump cards tbh.

Not sure money was a problem either. ~€200 million in 17/18 and 18/19 spend. More came in but still.

No, he has to prove himself here.