John Monchi

Monchi must love a good challenge with having to find a Lb, Cb, GK, an winger an midfield players
For 50mil.

Who is going to buy ozil seen no one intrested in him

2 Likes

If we do sell Ozil, that means he will need replacing, which is going to cost a lot more than keeping him.

If itā€™s true that we have only got 50m for transfers, then we will fall further behind.
A minimum required is a CB and winger, which for anyone decent is going to be around 40m each, and then a replacement for Ramsey, which is around the same.
So 50m is laughable really.

1 Like

If we sell ozil then I hope we change formation an not play a amc an instead play a Dm in front of the back 4.

We also need a GK unless we are keeping ospina or promoting Martinze

2 Likes

Weā€™ll have another summer like the last one. Emergency surgery with Papa types and not getting everything we need because once again weā€™ve got no money and lots of spots to fill.

Itā€™s a hard job and heā€™ll probably get a lot of it wrong but I think the reality is thatā€™s what anyone doing that job is likely to have to do in their first summer.

I think itā€™s probably a good fit for the longer term.

5 Likes

If he stays that long.

I hope he does.

And I also hope that Ā£50million number is bollocks. Ffs Ornstein you bastard you said we had double that!!!

Spend it all on a good defender imo

1 Like

Tbf Iā€™d believe orno over shit newspapers hah

1 Like

True tbh. John Cross on twitter wilding again, Ornstein memes have him vexed.

2 Likes

You can tell how #rattled he is :joy:

Lol sham the John bit was funny but itā€™s its not funny anymore haha. It ruins the madness pending being on the one line. Sorry it has to go :wink:

@Calum I bet you get bored before I/the entire mod team do. :smile:

3 Likes

Best of both worlds now eh :wink: @shamrockgooner

5 Likes

Nice work :ok_hand:

1 Like

His OA name is better than his actual one :rofl:

those figures of 50m etc are utter bs to piss off the gullible we have far more than that to spend get fucking sick of the sight of bullshit figures like that.

Most time we quote these low figures they are usually pretty accurate. Id say 60 75 tops. Reality is we need to be going 100.

1 Like

Well itā€™s a bollocks sum straight away because weā€™re automatically getting Ā£60-Ā£70M from Adidas a season.

Ornstein said it could be up to Ā£100mā€¦all going to depend if we have CL footballā€¦if we do we will have more to spend + player sales.

Donā€™t get why people think we didnā€™t spend well last summerā€¦Torreira and Guendouzi have been fantastic signings and Sokratis is now our best CB. We need at least CB and CM to replace Ramsey. Holding, Sokratis and new CB is a decent back line.

I would like a new top class winger, but we need to prioritise the back four and midfield. Nelson will be back from loan and would sooner give him a chance with a run in the first time to establish himself rather than spending low on a winger. We have Smith Rowe as well who looks decent and should be given a chance.

We need a RB over a new left back too IMO.

2 Likes

We didnā€™t spend much in Emeryā€™s first window and nothing in the last one, except for Suarez on loan, so we should be in for some massive spending in the next window.

We need a marquee signing, as well as a couple of quality first team players, just to get us challenging for a CL place.

1 Like

Leno and Sokratis were poor deals, where we didnā€™t get value for two average players.

I think it would be have been better to invest Ā£40m+ in a major CB signing last summer rather than addressing GK situation, even then we could have secured either Perin or Lafont for under Ā£10m. Both interesting keepers who we could have convinced with game time. Iā€™m not saying Leno is a bad keeper but heā€™s just about average imo. I havenā€™t seen anything yet which suggests heā€™ll turn into a top level GK

Apparently, Manolas had a release clause for around Ā£30m, I think that would have been a better short and long term investment for this club. Fact that Sokratis is our best CB doesnā€™t really mean much to me, heā€™s Europa league standard tbh

2 Likes

When is the emoji arriving?! @Bl1nk

When he works for us and has signed at least one elite player.

Or sold Mustafi

2 Likes