John Monchi

Yep, yep. Mourinho the same.

Would a non-compete clause include a club outside the Italian league? And a lot of those clauses have liquidated damages which is just a fancy legal way of saying that the person subject to the clause can buy their way out of it.

My guess is yes because he would be going to a club that is possibly going for the same players. But guessing is all Iā€™m doing here.

Could he not ā€˜officially signā€™ for us in the summer where in reality he joins us immediatelly and his signing on bonus in the summer covers his salary from now until when he officially signs.

Surely his real work begins in the summer anyway

Seems, going by his quotes that @Feche so kindly posted, heā€™s already roughing out potential players (albeit for Roma) but Iā€™m sure some of them are transferrable to this Arsenal team:

ā€œ15 people work with me and we dedicate an integral care to each competition. The information gathered is shared: each month, the technicians make a top 11 of the tournament they follow. This until December, and we start collecting many players in the database. From there we apply filters to try to get to April with 120 names, 11 or 12 for each position. Then we started to delve into the profiles.ā€

We can all tell what the immediate needs are for this team in the summer though. Lichtsteiner and Koscielny need replacing, upfront we need more depth. Itā€™s also on Emery to decide if heā€™s going to use Ozil again full time as advanced midfielder or that he wants a player who fits more in the mold of Ramsey for that position. Not sure there are funds for more anyway.

1 Like

I have a feeling Emery will persist with using AMN as a utility man which will eliminate the need for a Lichsteiner replacement. Iā€™m not necessarily against that.

3 Likes

Especially if THE CORPORAL sticks around

2 Likes

Not sure I like Maitland-Niles in a back four. I feel like Emery has a established a framework for himself in which heā€™ll exhange between a 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-3/3-5-2 set up depending on the opponent. I donā€™t see it for him in the former tbh.

Iā€™m not a fan of AMN at RB either but I wouldnā€™t mind persisting with him as a utility man if it means saving a little money on the RB front for the season ahead. I wouldnā€™t even be against offering Jenkinson a year extension.

Think we sometimes look away from a playerā€™s mentality as an asset in a big(ish) squad. While we all agree he doesnā€™t look cut to be an out and out starter, it isnā€™t easy to find a utility player willing to accept his place as a dumping ground to fill the holes

Another reason why I always had a soft spot for Welbz in a similar way

2 Likes

Looks like John wonā€™t be joining us afterall

Smh Sevilla now pipping us to backroom directors, this club is going down the pan.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if Monchi is the savior I want him to be, but if he goes back to Sevilla Iā€™d be a little worried about where we go from there.

If not Monchi and not Overmars, what do we do?

The absolute last thing I want is to have Emery consolidate power, it feels too much like Arsene Mk II.

1 Like

Never should have let Sven go :facepalm:

Make one of the AFTV lot DoF, they seem to know everything.

They also have PASHUN.

Fuck you, John.

1 Like

Now this is Classic Arsenal

Thread title updated appropriately.

4 Likes

If we wanted him heā€™d be here. Raul probably wants to control everything