Mohamed Elneny (25)

Sometimes teams just need someone who works hard. We had it with Ray Parlour who played a pivotal role breaking up attacking teams running at our defence. I’m not saying Elneny is a good player just a hard working one who could help with defensive issues

2 Likes

Sorry that he never had a real chance to prove himself here.
I believe he could be a very useful rotation player and start in some occasion.
It just never happened.

1 Like

He’s had his chance the reality is he’s not graded good enough by two managers.

There’s no shame in not making it at a top club in England, especially when it was always a long shot.

2 Likes

well, a few games here and a few games there as a sub or back up, I don’t see there was really a chance.
Talk about chance, Giroud could still start despite having 10+ games scoring slump, Ramsey could still start everywhere as CM, AM, RW, RB despite his form…
That was chance.

El Neny came in as back up and isn’t even that anymore. He got exactly the chances I expected him to get and I never was that impressed that I thought he should be getting much more. I like him, have nothing against him but he’s not the answer to any of our current issues and he should be moved on at this stage.

2 Likes

He’s shit and was never Arsenal quality. Free up that number 4 for someone worthy.

Benegaaaaaaa.

1 Like

Fair play that was a tidy cameo from Elneny. Always been reliable and unlucky to be under-utilised this season imo.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t push it as far as calling him always reliable. Against deadbeat Newcastle at home it might seem to you that he is a reliable player to have in the squad and bring in in the second half, but unfortunately we don’t have 38 of those games per season.

3 Likes

Well he is reliable in the sense that he has never fucked up or anything at the very least.

Came off the bench and kept it tidy. Fair play to him.

Hopefully sold in the summer, bargain basement buy that shouldn’t be at a club harbouring hopes of CL football.

4 Likes

Bland beyond bland. Would struggle to shine in the championship.

8 Likes

I can understand why Emery played him as Ramsey was carrying a knock, but that first half showed that he’s not Premier League player, maybe a move to a mid table French, Spanish or German side might suit him better. Did well to even get a move to Arsenal, scored a beauty agaisnt Barcelona and had a few good games but just never felt like he be here long term or be anything other then a squad player at best.

We be doing well to get over 10 million for him.

He really is the most uninspiring player we’ve had for many years. It’s not even that he’s complete shit imo, it’s that he’s so clearly mediocre that it’s painful.

His only thought is to get the ball and pass sideways or backwards, and then just repeat the process until death. I’m not sure what else he can do.

6 Likes

Denilson v 2.0 (although tbf he is more active than Denilson was)

How the hell did Wenger end up from being such a visionary to seeing players like this as good enough for him.

1 Like

Bland is the word. He’s not bad but he’s not anything lol

4 Likes

He’s the vanilla of the footballing world (sorry @Mysty :smile: ). He’s rarely completely awful nor great, he just follows the same line. I’m struggling to think of a more dull player.

5 Likes

Blander than the food of his people :giroud3: :henry2: :ramsey:
(Just joshing, I love Arab food)