Mikel Arteta (Soon to be Mr. Manager)

Typical wee scottish: always on the wrong side.

But until we see Arteta manage somewhere, then there’s no evidence he’d have been the right manager for us anyways. Not saying he can’t be our manager some day, but it’s a huge ask taking on a role like that as your first job. It’s the same talk of when Henry was linked to taking over from Wenger one day, a lot of people were against that as well for the same reasons as Arteta, yet some strange reason, people came round to the idea of having Arteta as our manager. He should look at the likes of Lampard, Gerrard in terms of starting somewhere moderate with lower expections, gain experience and build up from there. Walk before you can run.

Arsenal is not going to be a contender regardless if the manager was going to be Arteta or is Emery. I’m pretty confident Emery is not going to bring us there next season either. Hence why I felt Arsenal might aswell had taken the gamble because Arteta being the manager is such an unknown it would have been a more interesting follow.

Arteta could also have been our Moyes moment.
As much as I was curious, let someone else do the experiment and we go with a safer option.
Emery may not make us title contender but he won’t set us back 2-3 years more like United managed to.

4 Likes

This Moyes thing is honestly overrated. The season van Gaal took over he managed to take Manchester United back to 4th and to the Champions League, immediately. It was van Gaal who wasn’t been able to build on that in the 15/16 season like it’s Mourinho’s own fault he is not able to build on their last season and close the gap. It has nothing to do with Moyes. It’s well document both managers had resources to spare too.

1 Like

Yes of course Moyes is a microcosm of continually poor managerial choices made by United.

We can reframe it by saying with Emery, we may stagnate but we won’t detoriate like United.

Fekin FRAUDETA never wanted him #Unai4Prez

2 Likes

#SAVE_US_MIKEL

2 Likes

I do wonder what we would be like under Arteta when you look at OGS at Utd…

Nah Mustafi would be Mustafi and Xhaka be Xhaka.

4 Likes

His true thoughts about his former teammates will come out. Elneny and Xhaka out for taking his spot. :joy::joy::joy:

OGS has been a manager since 2010, meanwhile Arteta experience can be resumed as

Polishing Guardiola’s head

9 Likes

Maybe he can help the lethal Auba tap those sitters in the f’n net like he did with Sterling at least. :hushed:

Tell me one reason why Arteta is better than Emery. Just because he is young or because he is with Pep?

Well, we don’t know really. We can assume.
Emery has experience as a coach while Arteta hasn’t.
Emery has won 3 ELs and won the typical honours in France with PSG.
Arteta has worked on bigger projects than Emery overall throughout his career and it has been suggested that he has fantastic awareness of the league. Another plus is his service to the team and especially as a captain.
Personally, I would have given Arteta a chance. If he couldn’t do it we could have parted ways easily and move on(his compensation wouldn’t be an issue given it’s his first run as a coach).

1 Like

We can assume.

Case closed for me.

1 Like

It’s not that people thought Arteta was better than Emery. We don’t know that – and that’s the point. The issue for some people was that Emery was an underwhelming choice so they’d rather throw the dice on an unknown quantity and hope he came good.

1 Like

That’s the whole point of the fucking appointment. We don’t know. Emery is mediocre. Arteta could be anything. That’s where the excitement comes from.

Arsenal as a club is going fucking nowhere anyway.

3 Likes

Exactly. Pep, as a coach, came in ready to be slated. Mourinho wasn’t even a proper baller. Let’s not act like Arteta was gonna be a random appointment without any reason.
Since Wenger was gone and we weren’t in the best of states, why not take a chance on somebody with a financially low risk?

Exactly.

It’s like gambling. “Here’s £1,000. You have the chance to make it £10k. But if you lose you’ll lose everything.” Some people would take the risk, some wouldn’t. You just need to accept that @Luca_from_Italy . This place would be pretty boring if we all agreed with each other.

2 Likes