Mikel Arteta (Soon to be Mr. Manager)

Watch him be an amazing manager and not come here again.

I will have pitchforks out ASAP. Skewering baldies

1 Like

Gazidis deserves a lot of credit if we secure Emeryā€¦Gazidis is responsible for Arsenal securing Sven Mislintat and Raul Sanllehi. He didnā€™t want Arsene to get another contractā€¦he has been the driving force within the club for change and now we have secured a good young manager.

1 Like

Really doubt heā€™s silly enough to come to this stupid club after this shit, even if heā€™s offered the job after the inevitable two years of Emery failure. Mesut Ɩzil idiot savant footballing talent he is not.

:joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Who was your first choice out of interest?

Arteta, Naggelsman, SetiƩn, Buvac of the gettable names, Tuchel and Pochettino of the ungettable.

Tuchel was never an option as he fell out with Sven and was sacked by BVB. Although they have worked on their relationship since, I donā€™t think he was ever an option.

I would have been happy with Nagglesman. Arteta was too much of a risk for meā€¦

1 Like

The last time we really had a chance to contest for the title was 2008. After Keith Eldeman left and Gazidis took over we havenā€™t challenged. You really want to give this asshole some credits? I be happy with a new Chief Executive/Managing Director as much as a new manager. Heā€™s been here for 9 years dude. Part of the failure.

1 Like

Nagelsmann wasnā€™t gettable. If that was the case he would be at Bayern or Dortmund. He was always Hoffenheim bound.

1 Like

The more I read about Arteta the more I was convinced he would have been an exciting prospect. If we were instead getting someone like Tuchel I would totally get it and respect the decision, yet I just canā€™t see how Emery fits what Gazidis supposedly hinted at.

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree, I put him there because in theory heā€™s gettable because heā€™s at a lesser club in stature, but yeah, I know he wasnā€™t actually gettable.

Like the jokes flying around if Emery fails and get the sack. Wenger will be like Hiddink for Chelsea waiting to fill the void. :wink:

https://twitter.com/MrArsenicTM/status/998705946921701377

Mikel :sweat::cry: :santi: pls donā€™t hate us, and come back laterā€¦

If true it highlights an absolute amateur approach and plan from the club, so you only realise heā€™s not experienced at the 11th hour?

Not necessarily believing it but itā€™s something that wouldnā€™t surprise me if it it was the truth.

Lovely that they would take the fans views into account too, shame they didnā€™t give a toss when Wenger was still here.

4 Likes

Two words: no balls.

Gazidis has defined his Arsenal legacy as a complete and utter failure.

2 Likes

As in failing to give the job to a complete fucking noviceā€¦

4 Likes

If this is true and he turns out to be a great manager he wonā€™t come here. Itā€™s a shame they didnā€™t care about a fans backlash for the last 10 years

3 Likes

I think Ian Wright is a twit but heā€™s right here.

Makes the club look like shambles. They must have known arteta was not gonna go down well with everyone, why did they wait so long before making the decision to not go with him

This appointment would be met with more encouragement if they hadnā€™t seemed to have bottled it.

https://twitter.com/fkhanage/status/998698980744880130

The whole process seemed like a shambles and that fact they had to keep saying it was ā€˜thoroughā€™ only reiterated that.

Raging at the ineptitude of these wankers.

3 Likes

If itā€™s true itā€™s not a good look for the club, I was far from sold on Arteta but he deserves better than that.

A haphazard approach to finding a successor is something I can believe, because as bad as it was under Wenger in the latter years the malaise and ineptitude didnā€™t stop with him, it went all the way up to board level Gazidis included.

It wouldnā€™t be surprising to see him flounder now that heā€™ll get his way more often than not, he is far from a sure thing.

4 Likes

According to Balague we interviewed 10 candidates. Iā€™d love to know who they were as I canā€™t think of anywhere near that many managers who would be available and have an actual shot at getting it

1 Like