Super Mik Arteta

Only bets I believe in are the ones I see before they come in. Any asshole can post a handful of winning bets stubs after the fact that hide the losers that keep him down. I’ve been a gambler long enough to know survivorship bias.

It’s why I respected you throwing down that top 4 one so early into the day.

It will still come in though. You don’t have to betray yourself for that- I didn’t think tonight would go well for us either but I just kept quiet and started drinking early in the day like a real man.

2 Likes

‘I prefer not to speak’

3 Likes

You can call Son a cheating prick, Mikel. That wont get you suspended :slight_smile:

If I say what I think I’ll be suspended six months

That’s going to get used on here a lot.

Although a little derivative of Big Mou, don’t be a bitch Mikel, sling that mud like a real man and eat shit down the line

Take the fine, you just signed a fat new deal

2 Likes

This post match interview gave me a semi on. Lets get the 6 points and wrap this up.

6 Likes

Brother, you’re a better and more classy poster than some of our “fans” in here.

Would love to say I’m glad you’re happy you won but I would be lying. I’ll have to give you though that your fans absolutely turned up today.

Anyway, may the better team get Top 4 and see you next season! :muscle:

1 Like

Even a 5th place is enough for Arteta to pass go this Summer. But assuming he gets further investment and a new forward in the Summer he must push on next season to do the same again

Feel he’s still got a lot to learn too.

This is fait accomplis… he is staying next year at least. There is no question any more. Even if we lose the next 2 and fall out of top 4, that is done.

I hope we do early and solid business (Jesus?) and figure out the loanees out there and it does very much look like we also have to figure out what to do about our wide defenders and their inability to stay on the pitch. CM, striker (obviously), wide attacker too… although tbh I think we maybe roll with the current crop of young wide attackers.

Also, what in the world do we do with Pepe?

I do like the way Arteta tries to confront officiating. The club held back for way too long, in part because Arsene was a gentleman, etc., and other reasons I kind of understand regarding Arsene’s character. I do believe there is corruption, and I do believe Sky Sports is part of it (in terms of shaping opinion in protection of corrupt officiating).

Replace with Bowen.

2 Likes

I’d take that in a heartbeat

Not to tickle @Stroller’s balls too much but you have to imagine if your Bowen going to Arsenal would be the worst decision you could make. He’ll have to sit behind Saka and he’s arguably every bit as good with the dynamism of being able to fill in at CF as we all saw against us.

I just dunno, I reckon if I were him I’d be looking at whether Salah gets that extension or not. Any club looking at Raphina for the right should be sitting down asking if Bowen would be an even better fit.

1 Like

I know its not a popular take on the game now, but thought we missed a true leader tonight. Still not sure a natural captain is in this squad yet.
Cant sign players to be captain but we need leaders brought in to take some responsibility with the younger lads IMO.

7 Likes

Yeah, I mentioned this before but I think a big reason we shifted our focus towards Youri and Ruben rather than Luiz and Guimaraes is that the former two can help with that.

1 Like

Problem is Tierney is constantly out injured and Partey, who leads by example in my opinion, is also constantly out injured.

And Laca isn’t good enough to start.

Yeah, I think that’s what Stroller is saying too.
It’s something that we need to have in mind for the summer.

2 Likes

Need to recreate Emery’s 5 man leadership team.

Time and again, braindead moments from the individual players lets the team down in crucial games. At some point, we have to look at the manager and ask if he is doing enough to ensure this doesn’t keep happening?

These players clearly aren’t learning. If it’s not Xhaka, it’s Gabriel, or Holding or someone else. And I hope that while Mikel is publicly proud of his players, he’s given them a rollicking for another game that was thrown away cause the players aren’t disciplined. He’s big on non-negotiables, how about making discipline non-negotiable?

Fuck, I’d like him to make an example out of that idiot Holding. Fine him heavily, double his training sessions, shorten his summer break, do whatever the fuck has to be done to drive home the point. If this continues, it’s on Arteta.

3 Likes

Those non negotiables tho, elite culture :clap::clap::clap::woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face:

3 Likes