Super Mik Arteta

Okay, I read too much in between lines.

3 Likes

At least we know that anyone still defending Arteta is not a real Arsenal supporter.
Only spurs supporters want him to stay.

What a laughing stock our board are.
They are the only people involved in the club that want him here.

1 Like

Yeah exactly bro and it becomes even more shocking when you look at teams that have way less quality and way less funds.

Patrick Vieira has gone to place and completely changed their style of play. He has got palace pressing, attacking and playing coherent football in 3 months.

What exactly is it we are doing? We can’t do anything right, and if it’s not for moments of individual brilliance then we would be rock bottom.

3 Likes

Have we had a decent performance this season?
Saying that, I can’t remember many since Arteta has been here.

1 Like

I know this felt like one of the worst performances we’ve had under him, don’t know why but it just does. Benteke clowning on us and I just feel bad lol

2 Likes

We had a good 20 minutes against Tottenham then nearly blew a 3 goal lead

2 Likes

It’s become brutally evident that Arteta is not fit for the role. We haven’t moved forward as a team in how we play. Our pressing is inadequate, our patterns are predictable, our passes are safe and risk aver.

We rely heavily on moments of individuality to get us the odd goal but that type of football is not fit for a team that has had in excess of £300m pumped into it over the last 3 years.

There’s plenty of decent talent in that squad it’s not a team that should be sat in the bottom half of the table or finishing 8th.

What player can we say has realistically improved under him? We’ve got an over reliance on two kids who are not ready to play weekly first team football, an over reliance on a midfielder who isn’t fit to play football in the PL (Xhaka).

It’s all just predictable, crappy shit

10 Likes

No point in sacking now. There is nobody ln the market. Also I believe Mikel can win us the Carling cup which is the best our squad can produce atm.

1 Like

Why can’t we handle a press. It’s basic standard modern day PL football.
Because we can’t you’ll never control games. It doesn’t make an ounce of sense.

7 Likes

At this point we are getting pressed by everyone Strolls, newly promoted teams, lower league table teams, mid table teams. We have got demonstrably worse in nearly every department, it’s painful to watch us play. No one has a clue as to what’s going on, the only thing we can establish at this point is there’s 11 men kicking a ball around :joy::+1:t4:

2 Likes

Can someone go to Conte and beg him to save this club

3 Likes

Knew he would score the minute the graphic flashed up the start of game about him not scoring this season

1 Like

The thing is pressing is often a gamble, if you are not city or lpool, there is a very good chance you ll end up with a tons of space behind when the opposing team breaks the press…the bad news is Arteta cant seem to figure it out

Literally no point sacking him right now unless we can get Conte. Arteta is gonna get minimum 18 more months.

Exactly.

He can’t make us punch above our weight by extracting more out of these players, we have no identity or tactical nous, players are not improving and we don’t create many chances, score many goals or dominate games.

After 8 games we have 2 goals after HT including the equaliser tonight, it’s just grim and no amount of PR bollocks and players trying to make him seem like a credible coach is going to change the fact he is essentially an assistant coach masquerading as a head coach.

8 Likes

Wtf no clown :clown_face: emblem in the thread title!!!

1 Like

It’s almost certainly returning on Friday.

2 Likes

I just can’t buy into this line of thinking. It’s eight games in and nothing is decided. We go a few more games like this and all of a sudden we’ll be talking about scraping 8th all over again.

There’s no guarantees if we do get rid but we can’t just continue to write off more seasons because we can’t secure one of the best managers in the world.

4 Likes

I’m done defending him now.

Nearly 2 years in and we still can’t control games and create chances with any sort of regularity.

I wanted to see a run of games full strength to see if we could carry on late last seasons form, but it’s just a dead duck. Narrow wins vs Burnley and Norwich and draws against Brighton and Palace of which both were laboured poor performances that we looked out of ideas.

I think this is a 5th placed squad talent wise, but it seems Arteta will have us mid table again :sob:.

4 Likes

No one escapes Pennywise forever