Super Mik Arteta

Yeah I could give you similar arguments for Mustafi if you want.

1 Like

Xhaka staying until the end of the season is a good thing, basically regardless of if people like it or not he’s in our best 11.

In the summer though I want him moved on as surely we can attain someone superior or with a much higher ceiling in that window, 95 % of the time January is for stop gaps.

5 Likes

Regrettably I think your view on Xhaka is right but he is a complete error cannon shit merchant. Shows how bad our midfield is that he is needed for a regular start. Fuck knows how we’ve screwed our player recruitment and retention so badly since we’ve been at the Emirates. Just seems to get worse by the year.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we sell Xhaka cheaply in the Summer and then spend a lot more to get someone even worse even though that seems impossible.

2 Likes

Far from convinced that Xhaka is sold in the summer. Genuinely think the praise has been to lavish from the start.

2 Likes

Curious about how he’ll approach this Sheffield United game, no Auba to bail out our inefficiency against a team notoriously difficult to score against this season. Will he start Martinelli wide instead? It seems managers want to see him central and then who will play on the left? And how do we control midfield and will we last all 90 minutes this time or look alright the first 60 and then fall off as we have recently.

3 Likes

I honestly don’t think he was the guy for us

It’s impossible to judge him yet, the squad we have is beyond atrocious. He needs a summer at least. If he isn’t proactive in summer then I’ll judge him.

We need an entire revolution from the defensive through to attack.

2 Likes

It was always going to be a risk, and he’s going to probably need a more lot time then a more experienced manager. He’s going to fuck up a lot this season, we’re going to see more results like this before the seasons over. For me he get’s this season and the next season, if we’re still in the same position come next season I’d personally think you have to start questioning if he’s the right man.

I think he needs to give FA Cup and especially Europa League serious, while still getting us to safety in the PL. I still think the first 11 is good enough to win one of those trophies. It’s not a side that do it in the league, but it’s a side I think that can at least win a cup.

1 Like

We where above Spurs under Poch when Emery was sacked.
If someone could just remember this before the next video or statbomb thing would be great thanks.

1 Like

Arteta isn’t good enough. It’s as simple as that . No idea , no experience.
Peps tea boy will put us nearer to relegation than top 4 .
1 win out of 5 …

2 Likes

Nigel Pearson would have got us better results than Arteta (in my worthless opinion)

2 Likes

For me, at the moment, performances are more important than results. Sure, wins are nice but we’re not getting top 4 anyway, so our points tally is largely irrelevant.

And while, I admit, it’s been a bit hit and miss performance wise, I’ve seen enough positive change to still believe in Arteta. He is trying to bring a whole new mentality and way of playing to this team of mainly football imbeciles, so he needs time. A gradual change is better than a new manager bounce anyway, it’s easier to maintain.

4 Likes

With the controversy around Xhaka, Mustafi/Sokratis/Luiz/Auba/Ozil in their last years next season we’re going to see big changes in the summer anyway (I think).

But another season without Champions League will frustrate a lot of people.

Results and performance is important. We’ve had no improvement on results and a modicum on performances in games so far.
It’s early days but there’s always been more to this clubs demise than Unai Emery.

6 Likes

Viewing wise no, the champions league is trash, one of the shittiest tournaments to exist. The money is the only thing we are missing out on.

1 Like

At least we go ahead instead of behind.

Although under unai we did come back a few times from losing to winning…

If you look at our first team, realistically we have very few top four quality players, and the few we have are either past their peak or aren’t going to be hanging around for long.

When we moved to the Emirates it was clear we needed massive investment to replace the top quality players from the Invincibles team.
When this didn’t happen it became obvious that the board weren’t here for success.
They were here for profit and when we needed strengthening they pleaded poverty in every transfer window.

After successive periods of perpetual transition, that excuse has worn thin and the lies about being ambitious and able to compete with Europe’s elite have been found out.

We have a manager who has no experience, players that simply aren’t good enough and a board that couldn’t care less.
We are mid table which is the position we deserve to be because of it.

2 Likes

Can argue about competence, but we are only out netspent by the Manchester clubs. Not sure why people keep persisting with stuff that is easily refuted by data.

Agreed

That’s why I am pissed we haven’t acted upon in this transfer market yet.
Maybe Wenger’s dithering program is still in the Arsenal code.

2 Likes