Super Mik Arteta

Arteta was a good player for us. Doesn’t change the fact that he’s an awful manager

4 Likes

The shifting of goalposts is what’s bothering me the most. People are blaming everything, the squad, Edu, Sanllehi, Wenger, Emery but not blaming the guy who has proven himself to be woefully inadequate

9 Likes

Bit harsh. We were very close to securing a very positive result last night.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

A lot of misplaced arrogance and pride with this guy. No experience as a manager, but thinks highly of himself turning out the same dross every fucking week. A shambles.

2 Likes

There was a few myself included predicting a loss. When your shipping 6 goals in two games, badly managed and have a DNA as bad as ours in europe and been pissed poor all season, im at a loss were the optimisim on a 3 or 4 0 win was coming from.

1 Like

But how many times have we heard this comment after a game where we haven’t managed to beat another team?

The amount of games we “should have won” doesn’t mean a thing.
There are also games where we should have lost, like both games against West Ham but that never seem to get mentioned.

How he is still in a job is unbelievable.
It just proves how useless and unambitious our board really are.
We are a laughing stock and will continue to be as long as this idiot is our manager.

2 Likes

That is the funniest part for me.

Next time I play a game and lose, I will tell my opponent I should have won.

It sounds and reads ridiculous. That’s precisely what Arteta is at this point. Ridiculous.

I have some mates who support different PL clubs and none of them sees my Arsenal as a rival anymore. The banter is just that we suck and are no threat, end of the banter. And there isn’t much I can say in return, because well… we actually suck nowadays.

3 Likes

This is exactly what I do to be fair :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Up step Arteta :grin:

5 Likes

I think you’ve mistakenly taken my post to be sincere :grin:

2 Likes

Did I say I was optimistic about securing a 3 or 4 goal win?

Well id presume thats what you expected on a convincing win.

1 Like

Did I say that I was anticipating a convincing win?

Or is my point that a convincing win against this kind of dross is what I would describe as a “very positive result”, and not a narrow 1-0 victory?

Almost 10k votes and Arteta has the backing of the majority. What kind of spell has this man used?

1 Like

How many voters are fans of other clubs? You can’t make a twitter poll with only Arsenal fans voting.

Most on here and AFTV seem to want him out. I’d imagine the same is on Mania @DavidHillier

5 Likes

Like @arsenescoatmaker said, that poll is obviously opposition fans laughing at us.

When rival supporters are hoping you keep hold of a player or manager, you know that they’re more than happy with the situation.

It’s like if Arteta left here and replaced Mourinho at spurs, we would be having a street party.

If there had been crowds at the Emirates this season there would have been protests like we have never seen before.
The protests against Wenger were fairly bad but Arteta would have been hounded out and it’s only because there is no vocal criticism of him from the stands that he’s still in a job.

I think there is a large portion of our fanbase that is backing him fully.
That Athletic survey shared recently also backed that there are a lot of people out there who like him.
Personally, most people I talk to also side with him. Even rival fans tell me he’s a great coach but he doesn’t have a good team to challenge.

@Stroller hit the nail on the head a couple of weeks ago. People are easily persuaded by Arteta because of his charisma and freshness. I think most people are convinced our team is dogshite and that he can’t do much with them.

2 Likes

Yeah, generally, mate.

There is one c*nt on there who still believes this is our best Emirates season. Can’t tell if he’s being facetious.

2 Likes

Who? :grin: