Super Mik Godteta

Both as Manager or Midfielder

Weng wouldn’t have got over the line by then.

Arteta would have taken over, helped him get there. Like 2014

Not really. People have been greatly overestimating him because he wore the shirt. Happens.

1 Like

Nah don’t think so. Wasn’t big enough personality for that. Perfect storm player. Played his best football for Everton and Moyes imo.

1 Like

Please no one come here and say Arteta has played a defensive 5 at the back boring game.
He’s taught this sorry bunch how to play from the back properly and build attacks from deep.
How many times have we now seen this type of goal:

15 Likes

I have to admit, Arteta has impressed me and the team is playing much much much better than it ever did under Emery. I hope it continues and we propel forward from the confidence we have gained over the last few months.

1 Like

Agree, but I’m glad we didn’t give him the job the first time around. I think it was good to have someone else in after Wenger. Following Wenger was always going to be hard, especially with the state we were in when he left. A buffer coach was good to have. Whilst I wish Emery would’ve have done a complete nose dive in this second season, I think he is definitely easier to follow. As Arteta is clearly up for the job and has already achieved more than anyone could’ve expected.

5 Likes

Very true, he would have been compared to Wenger relentlessly and every mistake would be under a microscope.

1 Like

Hey, we can agree on something! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If he can get Partey and Aouar in and get rid of two or three more of the squad like Torreira and Kol, I think this side can get top 4, if it’s performing like it is now. Or can win the Europa League.

If we don’t get anyone in, and we don’t have serious injuries to key players. I think we’ll give it a go we’ll probably get 5th or 6th will this squad. I just can’t see without two more top class signings this side getting top 4. I expect this side to have one or two big lull’s in the season.

It’s probably the strongest PL season ever in terms of quality sides. City and Liverpool will be up there, although I don’t think Liverpool will be as strong as seasons gone by. Chelsea with their crazy spending, will be up there but I don’t rate Lampard as a great coach, which will be Chelsea’s downfall. UTD with Ole in charge won’t be winning the title, but they got a strong squad if they get in a seriously top class manager they be more dangerous. Everton look pretty serious threat this season. Wolves be up there and about’s especially with no European football. Leicester and Spurs will be serious threats too.

If Arteta can get us close to top 4 with his squad right now with another trophy thrown in it be a seriously good job he would have done. I’m not as convinced as other’s we’ll get top 4 without more serious spending but Arteta at least is given me confidence that we be in for shout.

1 Like

15 Likes

Lol at people saying he has turned it around.

1 FA cup isnt turnaround.

He lost top four also remember in 2 winnable games.

Midfield still doesnt exist. There is still no creativity n chemistry.

Hope he isnt another Emery for us.

2 Likes

Still crying about Özil, huh? :ozil:

He has already achieved more than Emery did so he can’t be another Emery. Rome wasn’t built in a day, though. We all know there is still a lot to fix, but at least we look like we’re going in the right direction this time.

3 Likes

You’re blinded by your over the top fangirling for Özil lol

2 Likes

Who even is this guy? :joy::joy::joy:

He doesn’t post apart from crying about Özil

4 Likes

From context they appear to be more of an Ozil fan than an Arsenal fan.

4 Likes

Did you actually see any of our games before Arteta… I’ve said before, I have my doubts about Arteta, but the difference with him in charge, its like night and day…

2 Likes

We had a realistic chance of top 4 last season ? :thinking:

1 Like

Give it a rest man every post of yours on here is just negativity