Super Mik Arteta

Tbf he still has Leicester in third?

He’s doing way better than expected I think

They are in a poor run of form tho agreed

1 Like

I think the Vardy strength is weakening now. Its time for them to find a new way going forward into next season.
This will be his real test. Done well so far and when there good they are a decent watch.

Is it? Still PL top scorer to be fair to him, think the issue is their squad is a good one but there’s not much highly productive players outside of Vardy.

They struggled to give him the service against Brighton.

Well I think thats because Vardy leaves them over reliant and one dimensional. Id be confident though he would address it well.

I’m content with Arteta and hoping it all works out. I just think Rogers would’ve been better than Emery for 2-3 seasons max, then bringing in Arteta or another young manager.

Yes, Leceister’s results haven’t been the best, but some were against realy good opposition. Close losses or draws. And no Vardy for a few matched. Not saying they couldn’t have done better, but they are still in the top 4. I honestly believe he would’ve been better than Emery and got more respect from players too.

1 Like

Yup no matter how bad a team u give Wenger he was always gonna put us near the top. Only when they announced he wasnt returning is when the players really gave up on him. Still willed us to a cup final. A shame we couldn’t have provided him with the tools to be successful, but its all coming to light now :+1::+1::grin::grin:

We’ve got our Arsenal back!
San Sebastian prince to the rescue!

So we score a goal and then sit back and do nothing until they eventually score.

How is this any different to the last few under Wenger?

1 Like

They’re not gonna score this time!

1 Like

Sack this idiot now to avoid future frustrations.

Hopefully your bet jinxed them haha

1 Like

Arteta!!!

1 Like

#ArtetaIn

1 Like

Maybe you need to go to a restaurant to cheer yourself up mate

2 Likes

Big up Arteta

• Disciplined Guendouzi amid selection crisis and continues to not play Ozil (I love Ozil but I respect a manager more more for sticking by their principles)
    Am I right in saying we even had a new player on the bench instead of Guen and Ozil?
  • Got the players working extremely hard
  • Not afraid to play defensive due to lack of creative players. Organisation was on point.
  • Got the players on side and working together.
  • Wasn’t afraid to concede possession in order to carry out a game plan.

Those that think he’s an Emery Mark II are wrong because we know Arteta wants to play better football - but the matter of the fact is we don’t currently have the facilities to play the way he wants us to play.

I am all for us to deploy this tactic for the rest of the season to install some discipline in the team and at the same time use this as an opportunity to drop those players that aren’t willing to buy into the philosophy.

I also admire the way he’s willing to drop players and leave them out at the drop of a hat despite their quality. He needs to put his foot down now because if he lets the rot set in, it will only get worse.

He’s not the second coming of Jesus by a long shot but but at least he knows what he wants from the team and he also knows the current capabilities and limitations of the squad.

I’m going to back him all the way till the day he shows he cannot manage this team. I just hope he gets the backing he needs and doesn’t turn out to be a fucking yes man.

5 Likes

*Semi final

Emery tried this with Ozil and was lambasted by Arsenal fans

Against Southampton…he has taken a more conservative approach more often but teams still walked through.

We were in the League Cup final against City.

2 Likes

Ah. Yes we were. I seem to have forgotten that shit show

1 Like