Super Mik Godteta

Think most clubs top or otherwise will have similar stats apart from City and Chelsea, Liverpool in recent years would have improved on it.
We definitely have had more losses and stupid amount of goal conceded

Seriously, how fucking stupid and cowardly can you b?

The 10 mins or so Auba was central was the period where we created some actual chances. And then it went back to cancer.

I hate this.

2 Likes

Does anyone else seriously think that the lack of fans (and resulting criticism from the stands) has allowed Arteta to continue with this ridiculous formation up front?

Edit: I know it’s a little tinfoil hat but I think he’d be getting tons of shit from the fans after serving up a poop sandwich in today’s match.

1 Like

Nah opinion was split on that.

Just pure hindsight.
Arteta masturbating himself :rofl:

Big Yikes.

Arteta is failing Auba, he has to put our best striker in the most optimal position to get shots off and score.

Starting to think Arteta is letting his pride/ego get in the way of common sense changes?

2 Likes

I support Arteta and have faith in him but I have to be critical,

Just haven’t been Impressed by the teams performances this season so far. Fulham game, we were playing agaisnt one of the poorest sides in the PL so far. Sheff Utd and West Ham Games could have gone either way and we played so poor. He messed up with his selections and tactic’s in the Liverpool and City games (William as a centre Forward lol). It’s effected our best striker form and he’s dropped our most in form striker in the last two games.

Just the fact he’s failing Auba is unforgiveable. I stand by this side won’t get top 4, I thought it was just down to the squad but I think Arteta will hurt us with his big game tactics. Plus the football has been crap too. Really worrying for the long term.

1 Like

He does have to play him up front, but this a big issue just in general under Arteta. No player is getting any shots away and the ball is not getting into dangerous positions often enough.

7 Likes

Definitely. I think he would have felt the frustration of a certain group of our fanbase which don’t agree with his choices.
The best way for Mikel to shut them up is to win, which he has done so far.

0-2 in away trips to the top two when other (smaller) teams have put forward better displays isn’t exactly inspiring.

Tbf, we didn’t play bad in either of those games. Those two were arguably the toughest fixtures of the season.
I’m speaking in general here. If the results haven’t been as good as they have been the past year the fans would be out to get him.

As you said, if the fans were present they wouldn’t let him get away with some other aspects of the game(not creating as much, etc.). They would have let him know that they want more.

We’ll have to respectfully disagree on us playing well. I don’t think we played well at all today. We basically held a shape and that’s it.

3 Likes

Fair bit of pressure knocking around next week’s game against Leicester.
Really is a must not lose game. It’s not going too be easy either.
Really wish he would concentrate on finding out how too get some goals out the midfield.
As someone posted earlier Moyes style of coaching seems too be a big influence on his early career so far.

3 Likes

When we can’t create anything and our link up is so bad it does make you think Ozil as an option would have added something. It makes me wonder if he gets a big bonus for playing x number of times since he signed the last contract.

1 Like

I said we might get a top six place but even that looks unlikely.
I haven’t seen anything this season that would indicate we anything close to being a top four club.

We need something creative in midfield and we just don’t have that sort of quality.
Arteta really needs to do something about turning possession into goals.

There are too many other clubs that are better equipped to finish above us, with better managers and players.
We’ll do well to get above any of our rivals, including spurs, Man U and Everton.
I would consider it a success if we got a top six place.

I understand what you’re saying mate and I agree for the most part. I just can’t consider any season a success in which a club of our stature doesn’t achieve CL qualification at least.

2 Likes

Arteta has done a good job of making us more solid. And with Gabriel and now Partey, that side of things can only get better.

The attacking side, however, is really lacking and I’m not really sure what Arteta’s long term plan is in this regard.

Hopefully not this:

It’s still relatively early in his reign, but it was so frustrating seeing us so lacklustre in attack. We could easily have taken something from that game yesterday.

2 Likes

This is football in general now. Players are rarely given freedom to express themselves on the pitch now and everything seems ultra structured and rigid.

I’m concerned that Arteta won’t be able to find the balance though. His rigid approach is costing us any type of attacking cohesion and the constant changing of personnel doesn’t help either.

7 Likes

It’s not his basic attitude. People seem to have completely forgotten that from the moment he stepped in (december) until the Brighton game (after the season had restarted) he played possession based 4-2-3-1. It didn’t work however. We didn’t create anything, Ozil/Willock as 3rd midfielders were shit and defense was vulnarable. He made a couple of adjustments and he won the Cup and had a view decent results in there. Now it’s time for him too make other adjustments.

6 Likes

This is something new